seonghwa was leaning back in his seat, legs crossed over the desk, thumb occupying itself in scrolling through his phone. he was dressed in black, paired with a thin white jacket, face expressionless yet cold as stone, jet black hair shielding most of his countenance.

san gulped. "damn yeosang, you scored a good one. if you're not interested, can i have him to myself instead?" 

yeosang huffed out a breath. "scored one, my ass. he's not even gay, as far as i know. he probably thinks of me as a good friend of his that saved him from trouble, while i'm too busy living in my imagination. besides, he treats all his friends the same way. i figured that much when we celebrated christmas." he mumbled, confidence suddenly tumbling at the sight of him running a hand through his hair while smiling at all those girls.

"hm. you're right." kevin grinned, further worsening yeosang's already crashing faith. yeosang's upper lip twitched in annoyance. "at least try and cheer me up, you nuisance."

"if you hadn't figured out already, kev doesn't possess a majority of things that an ideal good friend would." san reasoned, patting yeosang's back. "there's plenty of fish in the sea. and there's no telling that seonghwa's going to be by you forever, anyways. we're only in high school."

"good point." yeosang crossed his arms, finally deciding to get inside the classroom before the bell went off. he took his usual spot in the far center by the window, slinging his backpack off his shoulder. he looked back, waving back at hongjoong and mingi before finally looking at seonghwa.

their eyes met and seonghwa offered him a welcoming little grin, one that yeosang returned before the two went back to their business. 

mrs. lim entered a few moments later, and the class hushed into silence. "mrs. lim!" the girl next to yeosang exclaimed happily, "I MISSED YOU SO MUCH YOU HAVE NO IDEA." 

mrs. lim blinked. hearing a student say something like that was nearly absurd, because she was quite self-aware of it that she was at the top of the list when it came to the top 10 most disliked teachers of their high school. her eyebrows pulled together and she asked, "what went wrong when i wasn't here? i thought i left a good enough substitute teacher."

mrs. lim thought to herself for a while before she got half of it figured out and glared at the six boys that were feigning innocence, "don't tell me it had something to do with these boys-"

"JUNG WOOYOUNG AND PARK SEONGHWA  WERE JUMPING ALL OVER MY TABLE AND THE OTHERS WERE THROWING GRAPES AT EACH OTHER! i think i have PTSD now!" the girl screamed, tears streaming down her face. her acting was pretty up to the demand, but yeosang could tell she was faking the whole thing. 

"why would we do something like that, sohee?" seonghwa blinked like an angel, attempting to hypnotize mrs.lim.

"IT'S SOMI, YOU PIECE OF S-" mrs. lim glared at somi encouraging her to go on so she would have a good enough reason to send her to the principal's office for inappropriate language. "SATAN! YOU'RE SATAN IN A HUMAN BODY!" and she saved her ass, unfortunately. 

"somi, go back to your place. i'll talk to these boys." she signaled the six to come to the teacher's desk with a stern and menacing glare, before taking a seat in her rolling chair. 

somi returned to her desk, and as mrs. lim occupied herself with handing the boys an earful, somi wiped what was left of her crocodile tears. 

yeosang chuckled. "that was a nice show you put on up there. what did you do that for, anyway?"

somi giggled evilly. "well, i heard from the other class that mrs. lim was planning on keeping a chemistry surprise test as a welcome gift so i had to buy time in some way. plus, because of wooyoung and seonghwa i can't even get any girls for myself. that's why i mentioned them, though there are a hundred other reasons as to why i despise seonghwa." she rolled her eyes, "perfect revenge, isn't it? i'm so evil." she cackled quietly, regina george style, while covering her mouth with her hands.

"oh, i see. wait, you're jung somi? the one who runs the spill the tea blog! wow, i didn't even know." yeosang babbled, hitting it off quick with this strange classmate of his. 

somi smiled. "well, it's true that i own the most popular blog in this school," she said, picking at her nails pretentiously before crossing her arms, "but not many people know me by my face. i've learnt to blend and maintain my public image."

yeosang nodded understandingly. "but what do you mean you have other reasons for despising seonghwa? did he do anything wrong?"

"did he do anything wrong? is that even a question?" somi scoffed. "his very existence is wrong. i mean, i always thought of myself as a considerably nice person but when i look at him, all that changes and my vision goes red and i swear i've never wanted to karate chop someone this horribly in my entire life-" she cut herself off as her hatred turned to strength and the pencil in her hand snapped in half. "oops," she chuckled awkwardly. 

yeosang swallowed, already terrified of her. "anyway," she continued, "this is a pretty popular story among the girls, so it's no shocker that you wouldn't know." she cleared her throat and signaled with her pointer finger to come closer. she then whispered, cupping her mouth, "do you know hwayoung? the girl who left our school a while ago?"

yeosang shook his head, totally blank. she leaned back in her seat, arms crossed. "figures. basically nobody remembers her anymore, anyway," she stated factually, before settling down to whisper again, "because park seonghwa ruined her reputation."

before yeosang could ask her what she meant by that, choi san decided to intercept, dragging his chair next to them. "sorry for interrupting, mind if i join?"

"yeah, yeah, whatever." yeosang brushed off his presence, "go on." he said to somi.

somi brought her chair closer to yeosang's table and crossed her arms over the desk. the three huddled close, getting ready for gossip.

"it all happened one night, at an end of semester party..."

---

oooooo gossip time