chapter twelve

"feliz navidad, it's fucking christmas, bitches," kevin began, commencing with his twisted versions of christmas carols as he dumped a shitload of flour into his holiday season sugar cookies recipe, or as yeosang preferred, a 'strange concoction'

san pinched his nostrils and flailed his free hand around, wheezing like an asthmatic because of the excessive flour particles flying around the area. "for heaven's sake, can you be careful for once, kevin? that's a lot of sugar and flour for a batch of cookies, you know-"

"it's called a sugar cookie for a reason. don't doubt my recipes, you birch-tree." kevin interrupted, menacingly holding a blunt knife up to san's face with a funny glare. it was evident that he was trying to steer clear of  the usage of unholy words to uphold his festive spirit, but in the end, san was always there to disrupt his plans. and much to kevin's pleasure, san retreated, but not without a judgemental look on his face that was now painted with splashes of sugar and flour.

san loitered into the hall, where juyeon and yeosang were wrapping led lights around the giant green christmas tree, along with seonghwa who was finally back on his feet. "is this for me?" seonghwa chirped eagerly, reaching out for the christmas gift-box wrapped in pink that sat patiently beneath the tree, awaiting interaction. 

yeosang smacked his hand before he could take hold of it. "hey," he quipped, "we're opening presents later. patience, idiot."

seonghwa pouted in response, feigning sadness as he turned away from yeosang with his head down. san watched with an amused look on his face as yeosang proceeded to not give a fuck and decorate his tree. 

"ooh, sugar," juyeon began while licking his lips upon looking at san's messy face, "can i lick it?"

san cringed. "ew, no, you filthy human. get away from me." he shoved juyeon away with his shoulder before calling for yeosang, "hey, sangie, i'll be up in your room! i need to find some board games for later in the evening."

"okay!" yeosang responded, not turning away from the box of christmas tree ornaments and wreaths. seonghwa, who had given up on searching for pity that he would never earn, decided to reset and go back to being a nuisance as he approached yeosang from the behind once more and fastened his hands around the boy's waist, snuggling into his neck like a koala. 

yeosang rolled his eyes, not bothering to do anything about sulky seonghwa, as he munched on his plum cake mindlessly. "can we please call wooyoung over?" seonghwa pleaded like a child, looking at yeosang with those pretty puppy eyes of his. 

yeosang furrowed his eyebrows. "sure, why not?" he answered, probably not having realized yet just how chaotic wooyoung can actually be. but he was a second too late for take-backs, for seonghwa, who was cheering with happiness, had already called wooyoung. 

as long as the rest of his friends- especially jongho- weren't going to show up, things would be just fine. right?

---