One

The ceiling lights inside the small convenience store flickered emitting a small buzzing sound that seemed to drown out the sound of rain that was coming from outside, Jaemin sighed making his towards the back of the store staring at all the types of Ramen, picking the only type he ever picked hetucked it under his arm heading to the refrigerator section grabbing milk before heading to the front and paying for his items.

Jaemin thanked the store owner before heading outside, expecting to be soaked Jaemin was quite surprised seeing that the rain had stopped pouring and the clouds were slowly clearing revealing the dark night sky, looking over to where he had parked he furrowed his eyebrows seeing a group of people standing near it, a little too close for his liking.

Standing there he took his time examining the situation, there were four guys, one seemed to be getting corned by the other three, he mindlessly took steps backwards, Jaemin could tell the boy was not prepared for this and wondered what he possibly could've done to get himself into this mess.

One person in the trio lunged forward taking his chance in getting the first hit and was unsuccessful as the boy dodged and shoved the guy backwards, Jaemins eyes widened seeing another grab the boy from his arms holding them behind his back, the other two instantly taking turns in hitting the boy, Jaemin sighed seeing as the boy kicked one away and he landed on the side of Jaemins car.

"Hey, don't you think three against one is a little unfair" Jaemin yelled out gaining everyone's attention, the group of three glanced at Jaemin rolling their eyes continuing their assault.

"Mind ya business" One yelled out, Jaemin rolled his eyes and saw the boy glance at him his brown bangs covering his eyes partially, Jaemin could see the pleading look he was giving out. Jaemin sighed screw it.

Placing his shopping bag beside his car he ran around the side of his car and shoved one of the guys backwards and launched his fist at the other sending him into the side of his car, Jaemin cursed himself and looked over at the boy who was still being held back.

The boys eyes were wide and he was hesitant but used the back of his head to hit the man in the face causing his release and a partially broken nose, Jaemin kicked at the guy he had shoved and watched as they all let out pain filled groans, looking over at the boy he furrowed his eyebrows, seeing the blood drip from his busted lip Jaemin sighed, The boys eyes widened seeing all three get up.

Jaemin rolled his eyes turning his back to the boy who did the same and they met in the middle both of their backs touching while they tried to think of something quick.

Jaemin finally got a better look at the boys face throughout the whole escapade, although he was taller than Jaemin he did look younger, the blood smearing on his chin really accentuated his sharp jaw and clenched teeth.

Jaemin sighed feeling the sweat build up beneath his blue hair a few strands sticking to his forehead, the three were spread out on the spare car park not bothering to get up, unlocking his car Jaemin grabbed his untouched shopping and shoved it into the back seat looking over at the boy who was trying to wipe his bloody face.

"What's your name kid?" Jaemin asked resting his hands on the top of his car, the boy looked at him with wide eyes.

"Uhh Park Jisung" he replied wiping his hands on his jean clad thighs, Jaemin nodded.

"Need a ride?" Jaemin asked examined the side of his car, the boy looked up an unreadable expression on his face but shook his head.

"Oh uh you don't need too" Jisung mumbled rubbing the back of his head, Jaemin shrugged.

"Just take the ride and get in" Jaemin sighed sarcastically and slid in the drivers seat, Jisung smiled slightly letting out a 'yes sir' before getting in the passenger seat.

The ride was silent except for Jisung's directing and the quiet hum of the radio.

"What did you do to earn that?" Jaemin asked turning down a street he's never seen before, Jisung looked over at him and bit his lip.

"I didn't do anything those people just don't particularly like my friends" Jisung hesitated, Jaemin smirked slightly feeling like he knew what he meant by 'friends'.

"And they took it out on you?" Jaemin finished looking over at Jisung, Jisung nodded rubbing his sore fist, Jaemin clicked his tongue.

They continued to sit in silence for the rest of the ride, Jaemin glanced at the boy occasionally who looked lost in thought staring out the window, slowing down Jaemin came to complete stop parking outside of a house he thought he'll never see again.

Jisung rubbed at his knuckles again and look back at the guy who could have potentially saved his life, Jaemin stared straight ahead before glancing at the boy.

"Uhhh thanks for that back there, they probably would've done much more damage if you didn't Uhh help me" Jisung mumbled out what he hoped sounded grateful, Jaemin pursed his lips smiling slightly telling him not to mention it.

"Hey uh, what's your name?" Jisung asked about to open the door and hopefully leave this strangers life forever.

"Na Jaemin"