Chapter 29

Elaine's POV: 

I awoke the next morning and finally decided to get out of bed.  My sore muscles ached as I was moving, but I had to shower and eat.  

Showering felt like something completely new to me.  Before I did jump in the shower, I let the water warm up, and I saw myself in the mirror for the first time.  I didn't even recognize myself.  My face was pale, and I had giant bags under my eyes.  My hair was matted, tangled, and greasy.  The bandage around my neck was starting to peel off, so I gently ripped it off to reveal a long, skinny scab.  Careful not to damage the scab, I showered and cleaned it thoroughly.  

I felt like a new person when I was showered and changed into clean clothes.  That's when my stomach started to rumble.  I checked the clock on the wall and saw that it was only 6:30am.  I knew my friends would still be sleeping, so I crept downstairs and found my way to the kitchen.  "Oh hey Fred...hey George," I said casually, opening the cabinets.  The twins were sitting at the kitchen table talking to each other.  That's when I did a double-take and realized that they were actually there.  "OH MY GOD!" I squealed, breaking down into a puddle as I pulled them both in for a hug.  "What are you guys doing here!" I exclaimed, so happy to see the two of them beaming at me.  "Got a letter from Bill last night that said the four of you were here...mum actually let us leave the house to come see you," George explained.  "Yea I couldn't believe it myself...of course, Ginny is rather pissed...mum didn't let her come," Fred said.  "How long are two allowed to stay?" I asked immediately trying to plan to spend as much time as I could with them.  "Only until dinner time...she's having Bill write to her every hour on the hour that we are still here and safe," George explained, still smiling at me.  "Elaine are you okay?" Fred asked me, pointing to my injured neck.  "Yea...Bellatrix," I said, immediately covering my neck with my hand.  "Well don't touch it...let me get a bandage," George said, standing up and offering me his seat.  

George reappeared, bandage in hand and wrapped the cut neatly so it wouldn't get infected.  I thanked him and the three of us ate breakfast together, trying to be as quiet as possible and not wake anyone else up.  "How did Bellatrix do that?" Fred asked as we ate toast and eggs.  "Held a knife to my throat," I replied as if that event wasn't horrifying in itself.  Between the twins, they asked so many questions about what has been going on the past seven months we've been in hiding, that it took me almost three hours to explain.  Of course, I couldn't tell them that we were hunting horcruxes, but I did tell them everything else.  "We heard you guys broke into the Ministry...the pictures were badass," George said, pulling a newspaper clipping from his pocket.  The picture showed Harry, Ron, Hermione and I running away from Yaxley.  "Mum freaked when those were the on the front page," Fred explained as I read the article about the break-in. 

"Sorry am I interrupting?" a girl with brownish hair and a thick New York accent asked as she hesitated to walk into the kitchen.  She was looking right at George.  "Not at all," George said, his face quickly grew red.  "Who are you?" Fred asked, not having noticed George's sudden redness.  "I'm Brandy...Grindelwald," she said, pausing before she said her last name.  "The Malfoy's kidnapped me and I've been in that dungeon with Luna, the goblin, and Olivander for weeks now...maybe months," she explained, trying to remember when she was taken.  In all honesty, I felt terrible for Brandy.  Her skin was sunken into her face and it was clear she hasn't eaten in a long time.  

After Brandy told us all about why she was kidnapped (apparently her father has information Voldemort is dying to get and the Malfoy's kidnapped her to get her father to come and speak with Voldemort), she strolled back off to bed, glaring at George for a second too long.  "What was that about?" I asked George, his ears now matching the color of his hair.  "She's cute, I don't know," he said, shrugging it off.  I decided to let it slide for now because, soon enough, Harry, Ron and Hermione woke up. They all shouted in surprise when they saw Fred and George sitting with me at the table.