Chapter 15

Elaine's POV: 

After Malfoy had payed me a visit in the library, I remained angry for the rest of the day.  Hermione, luckily, was able to help me through the potions exam since my mind was all over the place.  Halfway through the exam Malfoy finally showed up to class.  "Looks like he's been crying doesn't it?" Hermione whispered as we made our potions.  "Aha thank you for finally joining us Mr. Malfoy," Professor Slughorn said as he walked around the classroom observing our potions. Malfoy took one look at me and left the classroom causing Professor Slughorn to send Crabbe after him.  

After potions, I was finally able to tell my friends what happened in the library.  "What an arse.  He really expected you to just let him back into your life!" Hermione exclaimed, shaking her head.  "He has been acting strange lately.  My map always shows him just disappearing," Harry said.  Harry had a map that showed everyone exactly where they were in the castle.  "But that's impossible, no one is able to apparate out of the castle," Ron said, elbowing Hermione, showing that he does listen to her.  "Well done Ronald," Hermione laughed, shaking her head.  At least one good thing came out of my fight with Malfoy...Hermione and Ron were actually speaking with each other again.  It was so wonderful to have them finally be friends again...and perfect timing as well because our last Hogsmeade trip was tomorrow. 

The next day I woke up and the first thing I noticed was how much it had snowed overnight.  Hagrid could be seen shoveling his way out of his hut from my window.  

Despite the freezing weather, I was excited to get out of the castle for a few hours.  Fred, George, Harry, Ron, Hermione and I made our way to Hogsmeade with the rest of our classmates.  "Here honey," Fred said, handing me his scarf as we walked since I forgot mine.  I gladly took it, covering everything but my eyes with it.  "Fred and I are going to stop at Zonko's...see you guys later," George said when we finally arrived at Hogsmeade.  "Fancy a butterbeer?" Ron asked Harry, Hermione and I.  We all nodded since it was way too cold to speak.  

The four of us finally arrived at the Three Broomsticks, shivering from head to toe.  The warmth of the pub soothed my frosted face as I untied Fred's scarf from my neck.  "I'll order us some drinks," Ron said, taking Harry with him to help.  

Hermione and I found an empty table and sat, unbuttoning our coats and hanging them up in the process.  Ron and Harry joined us shortly carrying four mugs of warm butterbeer.  "Oh bloody hell...I'd like to leave," Ron said, motioning towards a nearby table.  Ginny was there kissing Dean.  They were all cozied up next to each other, not realizing the four of us were staring.  "You can't be serious.  If Ginny walked in and saw you and I snogging do you expect her to get up and leave?" Hermione asked in her famous matter-of-fact tone.  Harry quickly changed the subject when we all noticed how red Ron's face got.  "What do you suppose he's doing here?" Harry asked and nodded towards Draco who had just come in from the cold.  He spotted us quickly, throwing me a nasty look in the process.  I threw one back.  "Wow I've never seen you try to be mean before," Ron said, laughing behind his mug of butterbeer.  "What do you mean by 'try to be mean'?" I asked, folding my arms.  "Well you're not very intimidating are you?" Ron asked, laughing out loud.  "Shut it!" I yelled, jokingly throwing some napkins his way.  "I can be mean if I want to be," I replied.  "So what's the issue...having trouble being mean to Malfoy are you?" Ron asked, pushing my buttons even more.  "I don't think I can be mean to him...well like really mean," I said, looking at my hands after Harry raised his eyebrows at me.  "And why is that?" Harry asked, as we watched Draco disappear behind a doorway in the back of the pub.  "Well I know he's been very rude in the past, but I don't think that's who he really is as a person.  I think it's just an act," I replied.  "Maybe...I'm not so sure though...seems like he's been extra nasty lately," Hermione replied, as she turned around completely to see where Draco had went.  "What's behind that door?" Ron asked.  "I'm going to go look," I said, standing up, grabbing my wand, and stepping away from the table before my friends could stop me.  "Elaine...don't," Hermione mouthed, trying not to cause a scene.  I held up my wand, showing her I'd be fine as I walked towards the door Draco had just went into.