Chapter V

Stepping out of the shower Zendaya wrapped her towel around her body.She studied herself in the mirror debating whether or not she should put back on her makeup before Devin got here. Lightly she took her thumb and ran it across the purplish blue marks on her cheek and her mouth.

"What are you even thinking about Z. He knows what happened there's no point to cover it up."

Knocks sounded through the room and Zendaya made her way toward the door. "Yes??"

"Ms. Coleman there's a Devin Booker here to see you and he's refusing to let me pat him down" She laughed a little before opening the door to see Devin glaring at the officer. Which only made her laugh more. "Thank you officer Bailey but he's good to come in." He nodded before stepping to the side and letting Devin enter.

"Nigga out here acting like top flight security of the world. He lucky that shit is understandable"

Zendaya just watched him while he rambled. Devin finally sat a bunch of bags down before turning to see her looking at him with a smirk on her face. "What? why you looking at me like that ?" he smiled

"cause you look crazy talking to yourself like that" she laughed

"Am I early? I told you I'd be over here in about an hour" he let his eyes trail her from top to bottom.

"No.... why? " she looked at him confused which made him smile. "You're still in your towel"

"oh umm. I knew that" she laughed nervously. " Just give me one second" she ran to the closet.

Devin sat on the arm of the couch and waited for her to come back. He shook his head at the thoughts running through his mind. Devin thought she was beautiful, smart and creative. Given the chance he wouldn't hesitate to ask her out on an actual date.

"Yeo. You beautiful af" he blurted out soon as she came back into view. "Thanks" Zendaya smiled and blushed before quickly looking down.

"So what's in all the bags? you staying for the month or something?"

"No" he laughed. "you told me there wasn't any food or snacks here at your fancy little hideout so I thought that maybe we could change that. I don't necessarily know what you like so I got a little of everything."

They both walked over to the kitchen and began unpacking the bags. "You plan on making pizza?" she held up a  bunch of cheese and pepperoni."

"Yes we're both going to make pizza from scratch and see whose come out the best."

"I don't know how to make dough" she laughed

"what? really? that's tough mamas"

"You so picked pizza on purpose." she playfully bumped him.

"Hey, I thought everyone knew how to make dough" he stared down at her.

The intense look from him made her blush even though she tried her hardest not to let it show. Zendaya didn't want him thinking he had any kind of affect on her. The last thing she wanted to let herself do was start catching feelings for someone after everything she had been through.