Then, as soon as he said that, Ginro started chasing Senku around, trying to attack him.

"What the fuck are you doing, Ginro-San?!" (Y/n) yelled with a certain expression on her face.

"What the hell's gotten into you, Ginro?!" Senku exclaimed while being chased around by the guy.

"I mean . . ." He started, attacking Senku as he dodged one of Ginro's attacks. "Ruri-Chan said she'll marry anyone!" She exclaimed with a crazed face. "So maybe I have a shot at being village chief, too! Maybe it's finally my time to shine!"

"G-Ginro, you . . ." Kinro muttered, having second-hand embarrassment from his brother.

Kohaku shivered. "He's way too scummy."

(Y/n) facepalmed. "I knew I should've gone with Gen-San." She muttered.

"If I become the chief, I'll get to have ramen every day!" He exclaimed, imagining every possible thing he could do while being the chief. "And a harem! I'm going to turn this into a super awesome village!"

All of the villagers deadpanned and thought at the same time. 'We can't let him become the village chief.' 

"We have to take down that scum now!" Kohaku exclaimed. "But Senku doesn't have a chance."

Chrome struggled to crawl just to get Suika's watermelon shell and rolled it over to Senku.

The two of them were surprised when it stopped in front of Senku.

He hesitated for a while. But then, he smirked. He propped his baton on Suika's shell, balancing it. "I guess I don't have a choice."

"You're about to do some crazy sorcery, aren't you?" Ginro exclaimed. Then, he jumped at Senku, getting ready to attack him until . . . He got hit in the Ballzzz and fell to the ground.

"Pfft-" (Y/n) laughed, a little satisfied with the fact that Ginro lost.

"Winner: Senku!" Jasper declared.

Everyone cheered, so much to their relief.

"The whole village has come together!" Suika exclaimed, looking so cute.

"Yeah," Chrome said, about to pass out. "Now we can turn the village into a kingdom of science." He smiled. "Ad we can save . . . Ruri and (Y/n)---" He cut himself off before passing out.

"Alright, it's the finals now." Senku muttered, looking at Chrome. "Now I just need to lose on purpose, and Chrome, You'll marry Ruri and become the village Chief." He laughed. "Happily ever afters all around. Get up and . . ."

"He's passed out." (Y/n) muttered, turning Chrome around, lying his head on (Y/n)'s lap.

Then, Senku has this troubled expression on his face.

"He's conked out." Suika muttered, rubbing his head.

"He must be relieved to know that Ruri-Nee's gonna be alright." Kohaku crossed her arms, looking at the male on the female scientist's lap.

"Well . . ." (Y/n) said with her index finger poking her cheek. "I guess you'll be marrying Ruri-San, then!" She smiled, gently placing Chrome's head on the ground and went to Senku, shaking both of his hands. "Congratulations, Senku! You'll be marrying Ruri-San and become village chief!" She stopped shaking his hands. She looked down, still holding his hands. Her shoulders were shaking.

Then, Senku heard sniffles, making his eyes widened. "Hey, (Y---"

"It's fine!" She looked up with tears brimming in her eyes. "These feelings will just get in the way with our mission, it's fine." She wiped her tears away, forcing a smile.