She heard quick footsteps coming up behind her, and only seconds later, something collided hard with her shoulder. Outraged, she wanted to call out to the rude person pushing past her, but all that left her mouth was a high-pitched squeak. She stopped to stare at her hand holding the cup of coffee. Dark drops were running down the cup and her hand, dripping to the floor. The cleaner who had been so helpful earlier, discontinued his work on one of the huge windows to glare at her.

Glinda's head flushed red; out of embarrassment at first, then out of anger. "Excuse me, Miss!"

The tall, raven-haired woman by the lift panel slowly turned and the colour of Glinda's face turned from vivid scarlet to ashen white. It wasn't the condescending look the woman cast her, nor did Glinda notice the catastrophic colour clash between her striped, aubergine suit and her red heels. What really left her speechless, was the green discolouration of the woman's skin. All Glinda could do was to wonder, what tragic accident could possibly have caused this terrible defect.

The green woman rolled her eyes, and Glinda pulled herself together. She somehow guessed, that the poor thing must have seen this kind of reaction many times before. Awkwardly, she lowered her gaze, which then once again fell on her coffee-coated hand. And her blouse. While she had been staring at the strange woman, the liquid had begun soaking through the white fabric.

"Oh no!" she cried out in alarm, and the woman who was responsible for the disaster stepped closer.

"Oh. I apologise," she said in an apathetic sort of tone. "I didn't see you there."

Glinda pressed her lips together and clenched her free hand to a tight ball. Yes, she certainly was on the shorter side as far as height was concerned, but tall people claiming they didn't see her, were the absolute height of insolence. She was about to open her mouth and give vent to her frustration, when the green woman unceremoniously shoved a tissue towards her.

"You're here for an interview?"

Dumbfounded, Glinda took the tissue and bobbed her head.

"There's a bathroom on the tenth floor. You could try washing out the stain there."

Glinda knew, that there wasn't enough time for that, but luckily, she'd come prepared. Dangling off her arm was a black paper bag. Inside, was a silky shirt that she'd packed for later - her second interview of the day. Surely, slipping into the bathroom for a quick change wouldn't take too long. The ding of the lift sounded, and the doors opened. Too preoccupied with her recovery plans, Glinda didn't even bother complaining to the green woman and simply followed her into the lift.

Glinda's eyes were glued to the small display as the numbers changed from level to level. When two men entered the lift on level eight just to get to the next floor, an annoyed huff escaped Glinda's lips before she could hold it back. Out of the corners of her eyes, she could see the other woman arch a slim eyebrow. She wondered when she would get off, eager to get rid of the awkward feeling she had around her.

The doors closed, and Glinda's attention returned to the display. The number was just about to roll over, when the lift suddenly stuttered to an ungentle halt. Losing her balance, Glinda stumbled and almost fell. A firm hand grabbed her upper arm and pulled her up. Her heart nearly stopped; the rush of adrenaline made her cheeks blush. She released a long breath and looked up into dark, brown eyes.

"You're okay, blondie?"

For a moment there, Glinda had felt almost drawn to those deep, admittedly beautiful eyes, even forgetting all about the green skin surrounding them. But the little nickname the other woman had bestowed on her immediately snapped her out of it.