"Hello! Meet Asgore."

"There you are, sir. Enjoy you're day."
   The man you were just antending thanks you and exits the flowershop with his bags. You look at the clock, seeing the time. It's a quarter to six. You give a little sigh as you pull out your phone. Asgore comes out from the back room to restock some of the more barren shelves.
   "Kinda slow business," you comment. Asgore turns to look at the clock and sighs.
   "Yes, but some days are like this. We can always use down time to restock, though, so there is a benefit." You smile and look back down at your phone. You have a text from Cayna. Surprised, you tap on it to view the whole thing. The text reads, "Am I really seeing this?"
   Confused, you start to text back. Before you can send a message, you hear the door bell ring as it opens. You look up to see the customer and are shocked when you see none other than Cayna herself!
   "Uh," you falter for words, "H-hi?" Is all you manage to say.
   "Yeah, hi," she replies.
   "Good afternoon young Miss," Asgore greets Cayna as he walks to the back room. Cayna looks him up and down, saying  nothing, just a curious look on her face. Asgore stops and looks at you, puzzlement in his eyes.
   "Asgore," you say, "meet Cayna. She's in my class at school. Cayna, this is Asgore. I've been helping him run this flower shop for a while."
   Asgore offers his hand for a shake which Cayna accepts silently.
   "It's always a pleasure to meet a friend of (Y/N)," he explains in a friendly voice. Cayna gives an awkward smile as Asgore dissapears behind the curtain to the back room.
   You and your classmate stand in awkward silence, each waiting for the other to talk. Finally, you break the stillness with, "So...why did you text me?"
   Cayna smiles and looks down, "I don't really know. I guess I thought it was...yeah, no, I seriously don't know."
   You both chuckle at this.
   "So do you believe me now?" You ask.
   "Oh, shut up," she says, giving you a friendly punch in the arm from across the counter, "Yeah, I believe you. But like, oh my god, ya know? I didn't think actual *monsters* existed."
   "Yeah, it's not what you'd see everyday," you agree. Cayna leans closer over the counter.
   "So, you might not wanna answer this question, but we all know you're gay, right? It's been pretty obvious for a while now. But..." she lowers her voice to nothing more than a whisper, "Does he know?"
   You are taken aback by the question, unsure of what to say or even why Cayna would ask. He hang your head in embarrassment.
   "Can you guess?" You ask.
   "Jeez," Cayna replies, "Is that smart, though? Like I don't know if you should lie to him like that."
   "Okay, yeah," you say, lifting your head, "but I don't want him to think badly of me, okay? Yesterday, he hugged me. He *hugged* me, Cayna." Cayna stands with an expression saying, "So?"
   "It was the most magical thing that's ever happened to me. He cares about me. That's a feeling I don't ever have."
   "Right," apologizes Cayna, "sorry. I forgot about the whole...family situation."
   The two of you stand silent again. There doesn't seem to be anything else to say. Asgore reappears from the back room, whistling a cheery tune.
   "Well," says Cayna, "I gotta go. It was super cool to meet you, Mr. Asgore."
   "And you, Miss Cayna," he replies politely. Cayna smiles and looks at you.
   "See you tomorrow," she says and exits the shop.
   "Is she a close friend of yours?" Asgore asks.
   "Um, yeah. Yeah, we're pretty close," you respond. Asgore walks to the counter and stands next to you as he crosses out some words on a paper list.
   "Hey Asgore?" You say.
   "Hm?" He replies, still looking at the list.
   "Did you know any gay monsters down in the underground?"
   "Well," Asgore chuckles, "That's an odd question. But to answer it, yes, I knew quite a few monsters who loved the same gender."
   "But like, it was fine to be that way, yeah?"
   Asgore looks at you, but you turn your head to avoid eye contact. 
   "Of course," Asgore replies, "No one was judged for who they were, as far as I know."
   "Right," you say, "Sorry if that was uncomfortable to answer. I just...have a friend who's insecure about his...ya know..."
   "Ah," says Asgore, "I understand."

   I understand. Those words echoed in your mind. You wonder if you should tell him. It seems resonable enough since Asgore doesn't judge. But something still holds you back...a fear of sorts....

   A fear that you'll lose him.