Before I could actually make a decision, though, a tap on my shoulder made me turn around in surprise.

A grinning Tyler was looking back at me, waving his hand over-enthusiastically.

I tilted my head, "Can I help you?"

"I don't know, can you?" He threw the question back at me as he slung his arm over my shoulder and pulled me along as he walked.

"We didn't get to finish our conversation at that party," he reminded.

It sounded like such a harmless sentence but there was something about him that felt off.

I leaned closer towards him and took a sniff to check if the funny smell was coming from him.

I scrunched up my nose and leaned back to look up at him. "Are you high?"

Ty stopped walking, looked down at me and laughed hard. Head thrown back, hand over his belly as he howled in laughter.

He took a deep breath once he sobered up, his arm still resting around my shoulders. "Yes, babe, I'm high. But no, you can't have any. You still haven't paid me back for the last one I gave you."

"What?" I asked, my voice went an octave higher as I looked at him in bewilderment.

"Why did you think you felt so good that night?" He sighed, running his hand through his hair.

I was too shocked to realize that he had brought me to a quieter street, a block away from the bustling shopping center we were just at.

When I finally realized what he had said, I forcefully shrugged off his arm from my shoulder. But when it wouldn't come off, I grabbed his hand by his thumb and pulled it away, twisting his arm behind his back and pushing him away from me.

That was when I finally realized that he wasn't alone.

The entire time that we were walking, we had 4 tails trailing behind us.

How did I not notice that?

Ty spun around, blazing anger dancing across his face.

That's when I knew I've poked the bear.

The look in his eyes was unsettling enough to make my heart rate spike and I find myself backing away from him.

Do I bolt?

Do I stand my ground?

"Are you stupid? Of course, you bolt!" I mentally yelled at myself, my brain shouting at my legs to get me out of there.

My vision went blurry for a second as I turned and made a break for it, only to get yanked back by my hand.

Ty had caught my wrist and latched onto it, refusing to let me go.

The boys snickered at my pathetic attempt at escaping their presence.

I could feel the panic rising in me as my eyes flitted across the faces that were staring at me mockingly.