01 | Does True Love Exists?

First Person POV
Ryujin

•July 2020•

I moved my way to the living room with my bare feet touching the wooden floor. I just woke up from my sleep and I am still on my granny pajamas. I slowly reached for the large curtains and opened each one of them, revealing the beautiful sun rise from my window pane. All of the light soon penetrated through my entire living space, and the warmth of the weather gently kissed my skin, making me feel energize.

I always start my morning with a big exhale before going to the kitchen and drink some coffee. however my son is visiting me today and I wanted to prepare a special meal for him and his family. So I excitedly went to the kitchen, to start cooking food. I picked up my red apron and began tying it behind my back.

I was determined to make an impression because I haven't really met my son's wife yet, let alone his children. So this is a big celebration for me.

I quickly opened the cupboard above the counter, and took some pots and utensils that I will be needing. My son loves my apple pie so I'm gonna be baking that first. I then turned the sink on and washed my hands, before I start the cooking process.

Eventually, as I was chopping the apples, I can't help but feel nervous because it's been 27 years since I've seen my child. I wonder if he's a change man, or is he still my same old baby boy that loves to fly kites along the sky. The thought of that made me smile, but it quickly changed when I remembered his wife and kids. My Son finally has a family of his own and I'm gonna be all alone forever.

My eyes were filling with tears, but I quickly rubbed it off from my lids. I let out a sigh and shook the thought away from my mind as I continued chopping the apples.

"Not right now ryujin, you don't want your blood pressure to get up so high again." I muttered, as I try to remind myself that I'm no longer youthful. One thing I did learn in this world is to; never waste your time, because getting old is not fun at all.

Learn that from a 72 year old widow like me. Who regretted her whole life because she didn't chose what her heart wants. Now she's stuck in this old house with no one to share with.

I may have experienced a lot of regrets in my early days but for once I did do something right, and that was my son.

"Hwang Bong-ju!" I exclaimed in pure joy as soon as I saw my son stepping out from a blue SUV. He was wearing a light green sweater vest with a white polo underneath. He looked so much like his father, they both love funky colors.

"eomma!" My son yelled back, when he saw me standing at the porch. He waved to me for a second before opening the passenger door of his vehicle. Two children, a boy and a girl got out of the car. I was thrilled to see them as they are my grandchildren.

I squinted my eyes so I can see them better. They looked so cute and young, although their faces seemed upset. They started walking to my direction so I started waving to them but the other one looked away and crossed her arms.

"You must be Jung-wha, and you must be minnie?" I gave them my sweetest smile, but they just stood there with a blank expression plastered on their faces. I can already tell that they don't wanna be here. am I a boring Grandma?