thirteen | good gone bad

Start from the beginning

By the time we reached the destination the sky was almost pitched black.

V parked his car, and we got off.

I look up and it looks like an uphill.

I stare back at him dispirited, "you want us to hike in the middle of the night?!"

"Stop complaining pabo (stupid), promise it'll be worth it" V says as he chuckles and starts walking up.

During the hike, I was getting more and more annoyed. This V is really testing my athletic ability.

I think V noticed how I became quiet and looked annoyed that he would attempt to crack some jokes, but I was too tired to show any reaction, completely ignoring him.

We finally reached the top after what felt like forever. I bend over grabbing my knees, trying to catch my breath.

"WOW THIS IS BEAUTIFUL" I said instantly after looking up and seeing the scenery, rushing towards the railing to get a better view.

All the blood, sweat and tears I went through to get up here was completely forgotten after seeing this view. It was breathtaking. It overlooked the whole city.

Lights shined everywhere, just like the stars. I can see the varying sizes of buildings, and tiny vehicles rushing along to their destinations. They all intertwined creating such a breathtaking mess that looks so frightening, yet comforting at the same time. 

I smile widely, closing my eyes, just letting the cold yet comforting wind caress through my body.

After a small moment I open my eyes and found V beside me, warmly staring at me with his chin rested on his palm.

"V why are you looking at me like that" I almost stuttered.

"Can you start calling me Taehyung." V says with his soothing deep voice.

It feels weird to call him Taehyung, because I know only the people close to him called him that. I felt my cold cheeks instantly warm up at the thought of him considering me as someone close to him.

"Uh... wow.. I'll try next time" I smile awkwardly.

"Come I'll take you to my house, I owe you some good food" V says to break the awkwardness.

I stare at him annoyed, showing that I did not want to walk down through those stairs once again.

I unconsciously smiled the whole car ride, a goodnight to a good night I thought.

-----

We reached V's house and we were greeted by, who I'm guessing to be his father, walking towards us, and he looked mad?

Before I can say my greeting, V's father didn't hesitate to stop and slapped V right across his face, causing me to scream in shock.

"I told you if you didn't place at least top twenty this examination I would send you abroad! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS DISAPPOINT ME" Mr. Kim yells at V.

Still shock from the current situation. I felt the need to step in and help V.

"Mr. Kim.." I butt in and bowed.

"I'm sorry sir, I'm Kwon Jisoo, V's tutor. I mean no harm saying this, but V did really well, he ranked one of the lowest individuals last examination and now he placed 31st in the whole grade out of over 100 other people! I would say that's impre-" I was cut off by V,  as he pulled me by the arm dragging me outside his house.

V harshly lets go of his grip from my arms and yells out in frustration as he paced back and forth rubbing vigorously through his hair.

He continued to express his anger by kicking the closest thing he could reach, his car. The excessive force caused the car alarm to go off.

It wasn't the sound of the car that frightened me, it was him.

I've never seen him this angry before.

"Why did you do that! Why did you butt in! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOUR PRESENCE KNOWN TO HIM!!" V yells still far away from me.

The volume of his voice caused me to flinch. "V let me e-" I tried reaching out to him.

"WHO ARE YOU INTERRUPT LIKE THAT! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT! YOU ARE NO ONE JISOO! NO ONE!!" V clicks his tongue in anger.

My body began to shake as he continuously growl at me. My thoughts flooded in confusion. I didn't understand why he was so fuelled with anger due to my actions. All I wanted was to help him, yes maybe I overstepped. But i didn't expect such reaction from that.

"UGH BRINGING YOU HERE WAS SUCH A MISTAKE–NO! LETTING YOU IN MY LIFE IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE. I REGRET THIS! I REGRET YOU. YOU ARE NOTHING JISOO, NOTHING!"

"I BETTER NOT SEE YOU AGAIN" V finishes catching for his breath.

I felt my eyesight blur, from the tears building up. This time I didn't have the power to stop them from falling. I felt the muscle of my chin tremble like a small child lost, looking for her mother.

Just after he said his last words, I felt my knees tremble, no longer able to support my body, causing my body to plunge down.

"Taehyung please don't leave" I say weakly. Soft but loud enough for V to hear.