Chapter-4 Unexpected news!!

Start from the beginning

"What do you want me to hear dad, that you guys set me up with a girl without my consent." He spatted out trying to keep his anger at bay realizing he was talking to his parents.

"We didn't your grandparents did in childhood." Avantika told him in a low voice knowing this will escalate his temper and she was right, his temper reached the end point abruptly,

"What!" He growled aloud in disbelief that they fixed his marriage in childhood itself with God knows who. Doesn't he have his own life, it was his right to choose his life partner which was Taani, and he would not let any girl take her place because of a God damn childhood alliance.

"Okay, this discussion was not supposed to happen like this." Ranvijay tried to handle the situation before he dismissed the butlers who looked hell scared with Rey's furious state.

"Rey, calm down, at least listen to them." Sharon tried to console him when his furious red eyes turned to her, she was taken back by the look in his eyes, it was murderous, she knew he was keeping his hidden devil inside him trying to tame him from coming out.

"Rey, please, sit down and hear them, may be we could find a solution." Swayam said caressing his back trying to calm him sitting beside him. Rey closed his eyes before taking a deep breath and imagined Taani, she was the only one who could tame the monster inside of him. As soon as her smiling face came in front of his eyes his temper descended down a little.

He sat down but pushed his plate aside a little not in a mood to eat anything,

"What do you guys want to say."

"Rey, I am going to tell everything to you from the beginning itself. Just try to hear me out with a clear and calm mind."

He nodded at his father, while the others too looked at him in curiosity,

"Rey, as you know we are the royal family of Suryagarh, the most powerful kingdom from monarchy times. All our ancestors were kings and most of our marriages happened due to alliances between kindoms and betrothals. Your great grandfather too fixed an alliance with another state to merge our powers, they decided that when they will have kids they will marry them to each other but unfortunately only boys were born in both the states. They decided to pass on the alliance to next generation but again you know I am the only son of your grandfather and the same happened with the other state. Till then the monarchy had died down due to independence and democracy came in the government system, people no longer believed in those past alliances rather parties were formed and states were under government hold now. But still both the royal families held power in the royal states although now they acted as a dictator with the government involved. As you know decisions in Suryagarh are made by the government only but still the finances, people's welfare and other necessities are taken care by us along with it. Even they take decisions after consulting me as I am a part of council as the present king. Your grandfather's had this fear that now the alliance would be demolished as monarchy was lost now so they decided to assure their father's promise is kept by making a will. They mentioned that if and when their grandkids will grow enough to marry then only the person will be declared as the heir to throne and if he or she denies to the alliance then they would be disowned and even we could not do anything. Fortunately or unfortunately this time a girl was born in the other family and she automatically became your betrothed as you are my only son, so it is necessary for you to marry her otherwise you will no longer be a part of Singhania clan."

Ranvijay completed the tale and looked at the others who were gaping at him with eyes wide open, they not even in their dream imagined Rey would be betrothed to a girl almost 50 years prior to he was born. Is that even possible?

But Rey was literally aghast at the turn of the events, this bloody royal shit was getting on his nerves, how could someone decide his life and future before he was even born. Is this some sort of a joke, he too have feelings, what if he loves someone else that he does and what about that girl, if she loves someone else. Whatever it is, he would not give up on Taani because of a damn kingdom and property, they both can go to hell.