𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑩𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝑯𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 :: 24

Start from the beginning

Jimin turned to look at Jungkook, immediately being lured in by his big, soft brown eyes. His lower lip slipped from the confines of his teeth and he rubbed at his nape, gaze again averting to his legs. "I just don't know if I should go to the funeral, you know? I didn't even get the chance to meet her, Kook, and I know she means a lot to you. I don't want to intrude," he explained sheepishly.

The corner's of Jungkook eyes crinkled as soon as a soft look broke onto his face. He gripped Jimin's chin lightly, leading the boy to look him in the eyes once again. He made sure that their gazes were fixated before he decided to speak again.

"I don't know what I would do if you weren't there beside me when I say my goodbyes, Jimin. You're the only reason I'm still here. The only reason I'm still trying. You're so special to me and I've watched you bloom into something greater than myself. I know she would have loved to meet you, baby. And that's why I need you there beside me. Do you trust me, Jimin?" Jungkook spoke each word slowly but with inexcusable passion as his doe eyes flitted to and from either of Jimin's. And before he knew it, the ravenette's eyes had glossed over and his face fell into his small hands.

"You just made me cry and we haven't even left the driveway yet," he mumbled into his palms, shaking his head in but a whisper. A soft chuckle filled his ears and before he knew it, Jungkook's arms were wrapping tightly around his trembling frame.

"Yeah, she definitely would have loved you, baby. Every single part of you," Jungkook said and Jimin looked up with hooded eyes, cheeks wet and lashes clumped together.

"But how do you know?" Jimin sniffled quietly, blinking as Jungkook rubbed tenderly at his rosy cheeks, clearing them free of their tears.

"Because I do, Jimin. I love all of you. From the tip of your toes to your black head of hair. I just," Jungkook paused, pulling his hands away from Jimin's face to rub at his thighs, feeling his heart race. "Nevermind. Let's go before we're late," he said and then placed his keys into the ignition, twisting it.

Jimin's brows furrowed and his chapped lips parted.

"Put your seatbelt on, baby," Jungkook said and Jimin did just that. But it didn't stop his curiosity from flowing. He leaned into his seat and perched his chin in his palm while staring out the window as Jungkook reversed out of the driveway, rolling onto the main road.

Jimin and Jungkook were the only two people who were actually going to the funeral. Rather than doing all of the things that led up to the internment, that was the only part they were going to be doing. Nobody else was there to say goodbye and so there was no point in paying the extra money. That's what his father said, anyway, despite his abundance of wealth. And so they soon approached the graveyard, pulling into the almost vacant parking lot.

Throughout the ride, Jimin remained quiet for multiple reasons. One being that despite being assured, he still felt as though he was intruding in somebody else's family matters. That, and Jungkook was definitely going to say something else until he decided not to. He felt guilty that that was occupying the larger part of his mind rather than the death of Jungkook's mother. He felt a hand pressed to his own and he jerked.

"You're thinking about something again and you're not telling me, Jimin. You know what I said earlier," Jungkook said as he pet Jimin's raven locks, feeling him nuzzle his head deeper into his touch.

"Yeah, I know. I'll bring it up later. Right now we have to pay respects to your mother, right? So let's do that," Jimin suggested with a soft smile and Jungkook nodded his head. They both hopped out of the car and adjusted their suits, approaching another man clad in black. Next to him sat his mother's coffin, it already being closed and ready to be lowered into the ground.

"Are you ready for this?" Jimin asked after rounding the car, placing his small hand on Jungkook's shoulder. He brushed the material softly and the brunette seemed rooted in his spot. He looked down and shook his head, evidently trying to bite back his tears.

"I just wanted to be there for her when they lowered her. Say one last goodbye before she's gone for good, y'know? My heart hurts but if I spill it I know I won't be able to move on," Jungkook said and then looked up, blinking.

Jimin's lips formed a frown and he clinged onto Jungkook's arm, rising to his toes so he could perch his chin on the brunette's shoulder. "You're not mean to move on, Koo. Something like this will stay with you forever. She's your momma. You're her baby boy. She'll always be with you, right?" he said into his ear quietly.

Jungkook's body shook as he released a shaky exhale, wiping at his eyes. Without warning, he turned to face Jimin and scoop him into his arms. The latter squeaked, however immediately welcomed his warm embrace and returned it, burrying his face deep into the crook of the brunette's neck. He placed a soft kiss there, rubbing his back simultaneously.

"You never fail to make me feel better, baby," Jungkook said with deep admiration, hugging Jimin tightly.

"I try," Jimin said with a faint chuckle, now taking his turn in wiping at Jungkook's wet and red cheeks. His eyes were still glossed over and his bottom lip was trembling, but they persevered and walked over to his mother hand in hand until they stood before her coffin.

"Welcome," the man said quietly. "Take your time and let me know when you're ready."

"Thank you," Jungkook said and the man nodded his head. He walked a kind distance as to give the brunette his privacy.

Jungkook curled his lips in, slowly detaching his hand from Jimin's. He advanced further, allowing his palms and fingers to glide along the surface of his mother's nice coffin. At least his father was decent enough to give her a nice eternal resting bed. Not much could be said for him otherwise.

"Momma, this is Jimin," Jungkook started, and the ravenette felt his heart somehow swell and crack at the same time. "You didn't get to meet him, but I wish you did. Because with you gone, he's all I have left. And if I didn't have him..." he trailed off, voice faltering.

"If I didn't have him, I don't know if I would be here. I don't know if I'd be saying goodbye to you. Because people would probably be saying goodbye to me instead."

At those words, Jimin felt his own bottom lip begin to tremble. He could recall just how close it was. If he had gotten there any later... no. He shook his head, exhaling slowly. He bit down on his bottom lip, eager to stop his tears from rolling. But as he saw Jungkook drop to his knees and cradle the coffin in his arms, he broke down. Clasping his hand over his mouth, he attempted to muffle his sobs as he approached Jungkook, burrying his face into his back. Jimin wrapped his arms around the brunette's middle, feeling a cold hand pressed over his own.

"He's super special, momma. Your baby boy is happy. He's actually happy for once," Jungkook continued and Jimin gripped onto him tighter, balling his suit jacket in his hands.

"I'm happy, too. Your son makes me happy, momma Jeon," Jimin stated from behind through his tiny whimpers. He felt Jungkook shift and soon he was being held just as tight, face falling to the brunette's chest. They cried together silently, knowing for sure that Miss Jeon was there, smiling down at the both of them.

(A/N): I almost cried--