While this was happening, Elias said to Jonas "I'm a little concerned about this. If something were to happen to the dragon, could that mean that the kid...will also suffer?". "And that would mean something tragic for the father if that would happen. Normally, some would silence this with a large amount of cash. But I believe that's not gonna be me. Maybe separation from this creature would disconnect the boy. Could that work?" Jonas said to him.
Elias was thoughtful for a moment, a bit enraged on the inside when he heard him mentioning silencing with finance, before Jonas added, "Maybe you should be the one to accompany him out. I'll be taking him out of imprisonment for a while, and place you to watch him. He must know you. So if something happens, you report to me and I'll take care of it." Jonas said in a genuine way as he placed a hand on Elias's shoulder. "Really? Is that wise?" Elias asked him after looking at where he placed the hand with a frown. "Sure." Jonas said, then walked out of the room.

Elias was thoughtful for a moment, not sure if he were to play along a bit more or if he was being tested by Jonas. Yet, he felt as if Jonas had mistakenly given him an opportunity to be with Henry for a while. A bit of time that may open an opportunity for him to help the kid and the dragons.

Right now he needed to plan on how to do so.

————————————————————————————————

'How adorable. That hint of concern towards the boy has clearly given me proof that you two are working together, Elias.' Jonas thought smugly as he went out of the room and into Elias's room. Jonas rummaged around the desk to find something that will mark and end to his plans. And, finally, he did.

A usb drive.

He went upstairs to the computer room where all data could be processed and accessed, the place where he was granted access thanks to the responsibility placed upon him. Once he entered the drive's info, he found many files and recorded videos about taming the dragons, the exact things that would ruin his goal.
'Well, it's a shame that Elias left this unguarded. Might as well delete this as soon as possible.' Jonas said, tapping on the deletion keys.

[ESTIMATED TIME TO FULL MEMORY DELETION: 3:00:00]

————————————————————————————————

They were separating him from the dragons, it seemed. Elias was entrusted with taking him to another part so they wouldn't feel the sting of the syringes on their fellow dragon friends. Even with that, Henry couldn't imagine the pain that the two dragons must be going through as they were being studied.

Henry sighed as he looked over the platform where he stood down to where the base was. Even Dr. Elias, who explained why he was sent for, seemed a bit more down than usual for good reason. It was hard to go on now.

An unexpected visitor was Alice, who came over to where Henry was standing.

"It's a large mess. You must feel terrible; you lost pretty much everything, your father's approval, your place in the city, your hard work, your friends..." she finally spoke, voice wavering. Alice probably felt the same way Henry was feeling at this point.
"Thanks for the emotional support. I really appreciate it." Henry replied dryly, not knowing what else to say. "Would things have been better if I killed the dragon? For everyone?" he asked himself. "Yes...the rest would have done it." Alice replied to Henry's rhetoric. But then she asked him something large: "So...why didn't you, Henry?"

Henry appeared to be stunned. It was obvious to Alice that that he actually hadn't thought of it before. All of these months, and he didn't know why he didn't kill Amari. Yet it was a bit obvious why.
"Why didn't you?" Alice asked the question to Henry again, drilling it into his head. "...I don't know...I couldn't." Henry replied, trying to form a coherent group of words.
"That isn't an very elaborate answer you have there." Alice said to him. "Why is this so important to you now of all times?" Henry said in a frustrated manner. "Because I want to remember what you said, right now." Alice answered in a determined way, which was a bit out of character for her.
Henry just sighed as he let out a string of reasons: "Oh, for the love of g-! Fine! I was a coward! A weakling! I wouldn't kill a dragon!"
"You said "wouldn't" that time..." Alice pointed out firmly.

"WHATEVER!! I just wouldn't!! Okay? I mean: 7 years since the war with dragons began and I'm the only human on earth who wouldn't kill a dragon!!!" Henry shot back at her in frustration, then looked away as if he were frustrated that life wasn't done toying with him yet.

A few seconds later, he felt a comforting hand touch him on his left shoulder. A soft feeling pressed up against his heart, feeling a little red from what Alice was doing.
"First to befriend one though. So...?" Alice said to him.
Henry finally broke down, reached down to those emotions that have conducted him this far, and recalled the events of the day that he came to a realization.

"I...I wouldn't kill her...because she looked as frightened as I was. I looked right at her...and I didn't see a mindless vicious beast that we were taught to believe when we saw them. Instead...I saw my true self...in the reflection of her eyes." Henry said as he turned around to face Alice again.

Satisfied with the answer, Alice smiled. "That's what I wanted to hear. I bet Amari and Akio felt the same thing, exactly like when I met Crystal. So? What are you going to do now?" she said.
"Eh, I dunno. Probably something crazy." Henry replied, shrugging a bit.
"That's good. Except, you've already tried that." Alice said.
"Then...something insane." Henry said, smiling. Then he turned to where Elias was standing and said,

"Hey, Dr. Elias! I need you guys to listen to what I'm about to say..."