Chapter 5 - Compromise

Now, what is our national anthem? GO GO LETS, GO LETS GO DATEKO.

_________________________________________________-

" (y/n)! " Suga yelled out, you trembled slightly. He looked so happy to see you, signaling you over with a wave. You ran over a smile plastered on your face, as you made small talk with the captain and vice captain. It almost made you feel bad- they accepted you in a heartbeat, and you're just going to leave as quickly as you came.

" Well, since you're all dressed up for just practice- are you going to tell us your decision? " Daichi mumbled out with a soft smile.

What, are you checking me out? Ohoho-

" actually.. " You paused looking at the rest of the teammates bicker, and chase after each other while cleaning up.

" I want to go home. " You stated bluntly. There wasn't an easy way to say it,

The smiles on Sugawara's and Daichi's faces were wiped off in an instant.

" You're joking right? " A soft voice murmured from behind you.

Your heart dropped, knowing exactly who it was. You bite your tongue as you turn around slowly. Seeing Hinata's face, it was emotionless. All of his joy, and his bouncy energy was nowhere to be seen.

" Hinata, it's not like that- " Your eyes softened, trying to find an excuse for yourself.

" HUH? (y/n ) ISN'T STAYING?" Tanaka, and Nishinoya yelled out, running over in an instant.

Forgive me father- For I have disappointed your angels. ;^;

" You two better shut your traps- " Suga yelled out- bonking the two in head.

Your heart was aching, the expressions on everyone's faces made your heart drop. You couldn't handle all of this- clenching your jaw, as you kept your head down. Bowing down to the team as you trembled.

" I'm sorry.. " You croaked out, trying your best to keep your emotions, out of your decision making skills.

" If you're going to leave.. " Daichi mumbled out, " Leave after the camp... " He added in, pulling you to the side; away from his sulking teammates who were trying to process this information.

" As the captain- I've realized how much harder everybody has worked since you got here. Your presence really has everyone fired up. Even Tsuki, " He chuckled, pointing at the somewhat sad expression giraffe in the corner. Tskui's expressions weren't ever too clear, but it was clear in this moment the news of you leaving, upset him as well.

" Anyways, this camp is really important for the team. We need everyone to keep that fired up spirit, if we want to even have a chance to beat all those teams. " Daichi continued out, resting his hand upon your shoulder. His voice sounded so desperate. Well it was, the loss with Aoba Johsai really affected them.

" I'll.. Think about it, " You smiled weakly, giving Daichi a reassuring nod.

" Thank you, really.. " He moved his hand away, not trying to overstep any boundaries. But the flood of emotions you experienced got the best of you. Stepping forward and wrapping your arms around Daichi's torso. You could feel him tense up for a moment, before wrapping his arms around you as well. Melting into the soft embrace.

" I hope you stay- " He paused looking down at you, " We all do.. "

That was the moment you realized, they truly did like you. It wasn't all fake.

**

" So, she's really going to leave huh? " Kageyama said to Hinata. Hinata was quiet, walking next to Kageyama clenching the handles of his bike.

" She shouldn't have to! " Hinata yelled out, pausing in his place, " She doesn't have to! " He added in, his eyes beginning to water. This was the first time he's felt so fired up since the loss against Aoba Johsai, he didn't want to lose this motivation. He didn't want to lose you, neither of the two did. Since you came, Kageyama and Hinata began to actually tolerate one another.

" Lets get her back then. " Kageyama yelled back, the duo shooting each other a smirk before running down the street. 

The two flailed down the street like overgrown fish out of water. 

_________________________________________________