Boardroom Drama & A Surprise Gender Reveal

Start from the beginning

'I suspect Andrews will try to bluster his way through expecting a slap on the wrist. He will not be expecting the evidence of his discrimination against the Toma, Anderson and Blackbourne teams by leaking intel on several of their assignments in the last year. Then the HR Director will advise him of his suspension to be followed up by an investigation and then whatever action is required from the results of the investigation.'

'Iris and Corey are strategically placed near the two exits to try to catch him communicating with his daughter. I'm almost certain Andrews has assigned her to the Blackbourne team for this unsanctioned assignment. Hopefully we can pick up a bit more intel on why he's had the Blackbourne team placed off grid,'

'Has any other information on Amanda Andrews come out of your investigations?' Mak asked. Amanda Andrews was the question mark as far as Mak was concerned and his gut was telling him she had a pivotal role in whatever game her father was playing.

'Only that she's was in the official induction group last September and that she is allegedly awaiting a team assignment. There was some intel to suggest Andrews intended her to have her own team. Whether her team was to be birds only or a combo of birds and dogs is not clear.' Phil shrugged, 'What we do know is that there's been no process with HR to set up a team under Amanda Andrews and that no one has been able to contact her for the last three months. So it seems likely she's wherever the Blackbourne team are right now. Something else HR are prepared to question him about during the investigation.'

'And you are certain Andrews has no knowledge of Iris being Sang's twin?' Mak was most concerned about this point.

'I'm certain.' Phil looked Mak directly in the eye as he wanted to impress on Mak that he could trust Phil to protect Iris and Sang, 'Today is the first time any information will be shared regarding the Ghost team. No one is aware that Sang has a twin or that they have been staying with the Toma team in Sargent Jasper.' All the teams currently living in Sargent Jasper are on assignment and on the off chance that anyone were to come back to the building unexpectedly or that they engage in surveillance of their apartments, I've had both girls using the maintenance entrances. The redecoration team for the nursery have all signed non disclosure agreements and have been paid out of my personal funds to avoid having to discuss the expenditure in the BoD meeting. Training for Iris has been conducted by a trainer I trust explicitly. And frankly I only included him because under the rules there have to be two Academy staff involved in induction training- a member of management and a trainer - separate from each other for objectivity in grading performance of the inductees.'

Phil looked at Mak with a calculating expression, 'Actually Mak, as Andrews doesn't realise you're connected to Sang and by association the Blackbourne team, I've been thinking it's possible he may come to you covertly to try and remove me from the BoD as a secondary attack measure. Your appointment as trainer for the Ghost team is all that I've had to communicate and agree with the board aside from purchasing the property in Texas for the Ghost team's home set up. Your appointment is the only thing Andrews hasn't disagreed with me on for over a year.'

Mak smiled his feral grin, this could be fun, he thought. Phil barked out his laughter, 'Yes, I thought you might like it if he tries that approach. It's just a thought but it seems a likely ploy for Andrews to follow up with so just keep that in mind and play him if you get the opportunity,'

'It would be my pleasure,' Mak smirked.

'We should head on into the conference room now. I'll keep my distance from you for the most part to give Andrews an opportunity to feel you out and of course so the other directors have the opportunity to speak with you directly as well.'

Mak raised his eyebrow at Phil, 'You mean give the other directors a chance to decide if they'd like me to join them on the Academy board as a Community Trustee, hmm?' Phil didn't miss a beat or bat an eye lash in guilt, 'I have no idea what you are talking about, Mak.'