Chapter 9: Danger comes knocking

(Y/N) awoke to the warm heartbeat next to her ear. It was gentle and kind, making her feel as safe as can be in hell. She slowly opened her eyes seeing that her head rested upon Alastor's chest. She smiled softly. It was truly heaven in his arms.

"I see that a rabbit has awakened."
She blushed looking up to meet the dark red eyes and a smirk she happily recognized.
"How did you sleep, Alastor?"
"I slept quite well.. but you seemed to have needed this sleep. You were talking in your sleep."
She blushed and smiled. "I hope i didn't say anything embarrassing."
The demon chuckled and kissed her head. "Only sweet things like 'hold me closer'"
The rabbit hid her face in his chest, a bit embarrassed. He smiled and kept playing her her (H/C) hair.

"Now now don't be embarrassed. It was adorable."

It has been many days since the incident. And since then Alastor kept a close eye upon her. He would sometimes come to her and gently bring her into his arms, holding her tightly for a few moments. As much as the young woman told him she was ok, The deer demon kept holding her tight and repeat "its ok i just wanted to hold you."

It was a part of him she never seen before. The one of a very protective demon. He would sometimes show it but now it was much more frequent. If they would go out, go shopping etc. He would always stay by her side and make sure no one was getting too close. (Y/N) smiled softly gently calming down this demon but no reassurance in the world could stop him from being prudent. After all, some low life demons dared to take his maiden away and try to get away with it. It filled him with a rage that could set the entirety of hell ablaze. But seeing her smiling, safe and in his arms, it made his heart softly calm itself.

The rabbit began cooking slowly, making french toast for the two of them. She would blush softly at the thought of how lucky she was to be with him. Thats when his warm arms wrapped around her once more.
"hey Alastor."
"I know these sudden hugs must be annoying you a bit...but..i just..." he shook a bit. It was one of the first times she could see his feelings of insecurity. He would hide them so well and yet with her... those walls would come crumbling down. She softly placed her hand on his and smiled softly.

"Alastor... trust me..i welcome these warm hugs... your tender kisses...they dont annoy me one bit...so please...dont feel ashamed to show your feelings... its ok.."
The demon gently smiled, softly bringing her closer. "Thank you..."

She smiled and enjoyed this tender moment. Until a knock at the door broke that peaceful atmosphere. Alastor softly let her go and answered the door.

No one... not a single soul. But a piece of paper. He slowly picked it up and stayed frozen for a few moments. (Y/N) came behind him softly placing her hand on his shoulder. "Al, is something wrong?"

As soon as she asked, the letter burst into flames in his hand and he turned to her. "Nothing at all darling. Lets get breakfast ready ok?" he kept walking back at the kitchen at a casual pace and the rabbit looked to him confused. A few pieces of paper were left not fully burnt. She looked to them and saw one name on one of them.

Jacob... the men who killed her.... Hes in hell...