Chapters 20&21

CHAPTER20

(Lady Juliette's POV)

I walk to the speaker room and pass rebels on the way. They look at me and draw their guns, but never fire. I run around the corner, then downstairs. I look at the writings on the wall that say things like "We want the pretty girls." and "No more caste system." I walk in and see seven rebels including Eric, Luke, and Joseph.

One of the seven rebels says "Oh, look who we've got here."

Luke walks forward and I blankly stare at him. Eric follows and I do the same to him. Eric says "You know guys, she has a great body." smirking. I just stand there and say nothing. Luke slaps my face.

"Speak up."

I grit my teeth and stay silent. He shoots me and I wince, but don't feel anything.

I run back to the safe room and cuddle next to Carter in a blur. I hug him and realize that I'm bleeding on him. I'm about to die.

CHAPTER16

(Prince Carter's POV)

All I remember is watching Juliette run out and to the speaker room. Rebels come in and I quickly fight them off. Juliette comes in later and she hugs me before realizing that she's been shot in the shoulder. She lays down and the life starts to fade from her eyes.

"Juliette, stay with me."

"Carter, I love you more than... than anything in the world. I... I love... you."

She closes her eyes and I take her hand. She feels cold and so lifeless. I cry onto her and whisper "I'm sorry I couldn't save you."

I suddenly jerk up and realize three things :
1. I'm in Juliette's room and she's sleeping beside me

2. I'm in a bed and neither of us have any wounds, blood, dirt, or even spit on us

3. It was all a nightmare

I embrace Juliette and kiss her face and lips.

I kiss her with gratefulness that she's still here. I must have fallen asleep and dreamed about the rebel attack.

Juliette wakes up and smiles. She kisses me back and I realize that she has puffy eyes and was obviously crying.

"What's wrong, love?"

"I had a dream that a rebel attack happened... and... and you were there and I died... and I kicked ass..."

I laugh "I had the same dream."

I hold her close and smell her vanilla scent. She kisses me and I realize that it's like two in the morning. Neither of us care. She sits in my lap and we just hug each other for what feels like hours.

We go back to sleep and I wake up to, guess what! Yet another note. It reads,

Dear Carter,
Good morning!
I know that you had a bad dream and I'm sorry:( I just wanted you to know that I love you so much. I'm in the gardens and I'm going to ask Romeo something.
Love,
Juliette

I put the note under my pillow and get dressed. I feel lazy and just wear jeans and a long sleeved shirt. I put on white converse and walk out.

I notice Juliette was also lazy. She's wearing a blue sweatshirt and blue jeans paired with black and white polka dotted converse. She straightened her hair today.

Romeo says "Delilah? Yeah, I guess she seems nice."

Oliver says "She is nice, and she's princess material too." Wait, Oliver?