Love Is Stronger Than Anything

“I love you, Roza.” He kissed me again. “I’ll always be here for you. I’m not going to let anything happen to you.”

I looked at him in the eye and knew without a doubt that he meant those words with all his heart. As guardians, we shouldn’t be making these promises or even thinking about the possibility of a future together. But no matter what, Dimitri and I would make this work.

“And I won’t let anything happen to you,” I promised. “I love you.” As I said those dangerous words to him, I’ve never been so sure of myself.

Dimitri gave me a smile that I would never forget. He pulled me into a kiss, sealing our promise.

We spent a long while talking, laughing, and failing miserably to escape Dimitri when he thought it would be funny to tickle me. He left me no doubt that we truly loved each other.

Dimitri wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. He placed a kiss on my cheek before saying, “I love you Roza.”

We both dozed off for a little while. During my peaceful sleep, I was pulled into Lissa’s mind. I instantly went on alert, believing I was stuck in another Lissa and Christian attic fun time. Instead, she was just sending a message to me. Thank God it was only that.

Rose, come to my room in 30 minutes, its really important that you come and that you come on time. Oh, and bring Dimitri.

With that, I awoke in the arms of Dimitri. He was still sleeping. I turned to face him and he didn’t even sense my movement. Dimitri had a small smile on his lips. I wonder what he was dreaming about…… He looked so peaceful, that I didn’t want to ever wake him up. But we live in the real world of guardians, moroi, and strigoi, so we had to leave before someone finds us here. That would be pretty bad…and not to mention awkward.

I gently shook his shoulder. He didn’t react. “Dimitri? Wake up. Dimitri.” No sign of life. I sighed, thinking of a way to get him to wake up. Then it hit me. A stroke of genius. I sat up and moved over to him placing one leg on either side of him so that I was straddling him. He slept on. I then leaned in, and kissed him softly on his lips. At first. I started to kiss him a little bit more passionately. I knew he was awake when he kissed me back and his tongue started begging for entrance that I happily gave him. I reluctantly pulled away remembering my motive for the kiss.

“Wake up Comrade. Who knew you could be such a heavy sleeper?” I grinned at him.

He shrugged and smiled back. “Can’t help it sometimes. By the way, that was the best wakeup call ever.”

I raised both of my eyebrows at him and pulled back slightly. “Who else gives you wake up calls? Someone you haven’t told me about?”

Dimitri looked at me as if I was retarded.

“Come on Dimitri. Tell me. I won’t judge you, well only a little…..” I teased.

Dimitri sighed and smiled. “Incase you forgot about what we just did, I am not interested in anyone but you.”

“Care to test that theory?” I said.

 “Roza….” He started. “We can’t stay here forever.”

 I sat up. “Right! We have to go! Lissa wants to see us.”

 “Lissa wants to see us? And why is that?” Dimitri asked confused.

 “I’m as lost as you are there comrade.”

 We got out of bed and started putting on our clothes. It took a long time. After every article of clothing we put on, we kissed. But I think it was more often than that.

We both left the cabin holding hands with my head on his shoulder. He pressed a kiss onto my forehead. “Don’t you ever worry Roza. I would take down all the strigoi in the world to save you. Don’t worry, we’ll make this work.”

I kissed his cheek. “I know we will.”

With that, we set off towards Lissa’s.