Ten: Borrowed T-Shirts

Frank was softly humming to himself as he headed into the kitchen, too impatient for his morning coffee to take notice of Gerard's tiny snores. For if he had remembered the blonde man was asleep on his couch, he would've left his bedroom with a little more clothes on.

It wasn't until the coffee maker began to gurgle and percolate that Gerard began to stir, blearily gazing towards the noise. His eyes widened when he saw Frank in just a tiny pair of Spiderman briefs, the tattoos sprawling across his back and down his legs achingly beautiful in the dim, morning light. A deep blush rested on his pale cheeks, though he refused to seem flustered as he asked, "Makin' some for me, too?"

To say Frank nearly jumped out of his skin would be an understatement, frantically glancing down at his naked chest and bare legs. "Shit, Gee, sorta forgot you were here," he whispered under his breath, Gerard's potential gaze on his exposed skin making goosebumps spread like wildfire.

He scurried off to his room after a moment and slipped a shirt over his head, rubbing his arms in a desperate attempt to calm himself before he started to shiver.

"You sleep okay, Gee?" he asked, a cup of steaming coffee in each hand. Gerard bent up his knees, so there was enough space for both of them on the couch, the gentle slope of his collarbones just barely peeking out above the blanket bunched up against his chest. Frank let his gaze wander for just a moment while he sipped his coffee, unable to stop himself from admiring the blonde man's creamy skin.

Gerard just nodded and smiled in response to the question, skimming through emails on his phone as he and Frank sat in comfortable silence. His eyes would glance over the top of his phone from time to time, cataloging a new tattoo on Frank's legs with each look.

It was nearly 9:00 AM when they had finished their first cup of coffee for the day, Frank sighing and stretching as he reluctantly climbed off the couch. "As much as I'd love to stay here with you all day, I've got to get dressed for work, and I know you need to go take care of Mitch."

"Could you tell I was worrying about him?" Gerard softly laughed, frowning as he looked at his dress shirt from the day before. Frank seemed to have read his mind, tossing the blonde man one of his t-shirts as he returned from his bedroom.

"Here," he chuckled, starting on the buttons of his own shirt. He couldn't help but smile once Gerard had slipped the faded Misfits shirt over his head, the blonde man looking too adorable in it for Frank's own good. "I hardly wear it anymore, and it looks cute on you. I'll see you at work later, okay? There's a spare key under the mat you can lock the door with."

With that, he was flying out the door, Gerard barely able to say goodbye before the door thunked shut behind the tattooed man.

And as much as part of him might've wanted to lurk around Frank's apartment and snoop through his things, he would've hated himself for it.

Besides, he had a very cute cat waiting for him in his own apartment, sure to be grumpy beyond belief at spending the night all alone.

—————

"Mitchhh, here kitty, kitty, kitty," Gerard cooed as he unlocked the door to his apartment, instantly being met with screeching meows.

"I know, I know, you were bored and lonely, but daddy was spending time with Frankie," he patronized, Mitch rubbing against his legs and refusing to quit squalling. "You remember Frankie, right?"

Mitch jumped up onto the counter and gave him a blank look, bending down his head to nudge his little blue bowl with fishes patterned around it. Gerard shook his head and laughed, scratching behind Mitch's ears with one hand while the other dug out a can of food from the cabinet below. The small grey cat practically lunged at his food once it was out of the can, Gerard shaking his head at how dramatic his cat could be.

"You know, it's rude not to pay attention when someone's telling a story," he teased a few moments later, laughing softly to himself and wandering off to his bedroom.

He sat on his bed with a sigh, flopping onto his back and taking a deep breath. The familiar scent of Frank teased his nose, a smile curving his lips when he realized it originated from his shirt. He lazily tugged it off his body, humming contentedly as he pressed the soft fabric to his nose.

It smelled of cinnamon and something earthy, like sandalwood, just a hint of cigarette stench blending in, almost as an afterthought. He smiled and nuzzled against the fabric, taking a deeper breath as for just a moment, he daydreamed that Frank was there with him. Tingles raced across his skin, warmth and electricity coursing through him as he reveled in the uniquely perfect scent that was Frank.

He opened his eyes a few moments later, disappointed to find himself alone in his room, once again. He sighed as he sat up, frustration rising within him as he took notice of the problem stirring between his legs.

With trembling hands, he unbuckled his belt and pressed the shirt to his nose again, whimpering softly in his throat as his fingers flitted over his zipper.

'I can't do this,' he warred within his mind, knowing that not only did he feel a little creepy about it, but there was no denying his not so little crush after something like this.

He threw the shirt back on the bed, getting to his feet and pacing back and forth. He chewed the nail of his thumb as he thought, longingly glancing at the shirt before tearing his eyes away again.

'Fuck me, Frankie, I just can't resist you,' he whined to himself, clambering back onto the bed as he struggled to kick out of his pants and boxers. He groaned when he brought the shirt to his nose again, screwing his eyes shut as he gave in to what his body and mind craved so badly, the familiar scent of Frank wrapping around him as he panted and whimpered the tattooed man's name.

~~~~~~~

oopsies

if any of y'all have seen the movie Closet Monster, this ending scene is heavily inspired by how Oscar reacts after he gets his shirt back from Wilder lol

next chapter will have alot more Lindsey bc I adore her xo