Chapter 19

As the bell rang announcing lunch time, Luhan almost ran to the dance studio. He was pretty excited for today since it was the start of the Jealousy part of his plan and Luhan was feeling totally ready for it. He walked quickly through the hallways full of hungry students pushing everybody to get to the cafeteria first. He saw Baekhyun with Kyungsoo and waved at them, telling them he was going to eat with Sehun. They smiled knowingly with a ‘’have lots of fun!’’ and he just replied with one of his confident smirks. But really, he wasn’t that confident anymore. Why is it that every damn time something has to do with Sehun he becomes so fucking diffident ? Now he was thinking: What if his plan doesn’t work and it has the opposite effect? Like since Luhan is always the one to initiate when their meeting up or their conversations, if Luhan takes less interest in Sehun, will Sehun even try to initiate anything? Or will he just not care? Sehun can seem shy and not so confident, will he just think Luhan has better things to do? Maybe this jealousy plan will just scare him away. Maybe it will ruin all of Luhan’s efforts, UGH. Okay Luhan now you shut the hell up and you go up and put your plan in execution right now.

So Luhan takes a deep breath and enters the dance room (he did not even realize he was standing in front of the door for a few minutes now).

Unsurprisingly, Sehun is already there, sitting on the floor at his usual spot and being all his flawless and sexy self. He nods as Luhan enters the room and the older smiles and waves. He goes and sit with him and the first part of his plan is put into action:

“Hey I was wondering how you were doing in Maths this week? Do you have any difficulties?” Sehun looked at him with his usual pokerface, though Luhan was starting to see through it and he could tell Sehun was a bit surprised at the question.

“Well there are some things I don’t understand – like usual – but it isn’t extremely hard.” Sehun replied and Luhan was relieved; he couldn’t have started his plan if Sehun was having a lot of difficulty, that would be too mean of him.

“Oh nice. It’s just that I was wondering if it would bother you a lot if I can’t make it for the tutoring tonight? I was supposed to hang out with Xiumin ‘cause it’s been a while since I last saw him.” Sehun nodded slowly and Luhan highfived himself in his head because this means he’s not too happy at the news and that was the hoped reaction. If it was a normal nod it would’ve destroyed Luhan’s hopes but since it was slow it meant it was a bit hesitant and that was working accordingly to the plan.

“Alright.” Was all Sehun replied.

“Thanks! I hoped it wasn’t going to bother you. I’m super excited to see Xiumin after these years, he’s such a fun guy! And he loves bubble tea just as much as me! We should totally go for bubble tea the three of us sometimes.” Luhan talked enthusiastically about his best friend, hoping that Sehun would start getting a little jealous. The bubble tea part was because Luhan thought bubble tea was his main shared interest with Sehun, and it was also representing their “kinda first date” so maybe it represented something for Sehun too; and talking about going for bubble tea with someone else would make the younger jealous, right? Well if Sehun went for bubble tea with someone else Luhan would probably have to kill the bitch.

Luhan looked at his watch even though he already knew the time (it was for dramatic effect because Luhan likes to be dramatic, ok?) and exclaimed, “Oh! Look at the time! I better run, I told Xiumin I would meet him outside. Bye!”

Sehun nodded with a “see you later” but Luhan was already at the door, leaving the room. As he shut the door behind him, he heaved a sigh. Lying to Sehun was exhausting and Luhan had never been a good liar. But he thinks he did well, though with Sehun you never know what’s going on in that head. Luhan walked toward the cafeteria, hoping Xiumin would be there because they didn’t have anything planned out. The bad part of the Jealousy Plan, Luhan realized, is that he has to be with Sehun less often. And Luhan absolutely loves to be with Sehun. He sighs. Think of the fact that if it works, you’ll be with him even more often! Well that’s an encouraging way to see things, isn’t it?