The House of the Lucky Gander

Start from the beginning

We all waited in the elevator, which went up extremely high by the way. I held tightly onto the railing of the elevator, knowing that I could very well die in this trust-box. Around the 38th level, Louie began freaking out.

"Why did I wear green? He always sees me in green!"

"Take it easy," Uncle Donald told him.

"To be fair, we always see him in green," I pointed out.

"Yeah, but when he does it, it's cool," Louie shot back.

Uncle Donald and I shared a look, before shrugging. Not much could be done with that one.

"Yeah, well, if Gladstone's so great, then why did he call us for-" Scrooge was interrupted by Gladstone's exclaims.

"Help! No! Don't..."

We all hurried to his room and opened the doors to see him getting a massage from a panda. Which, to be fair, looked very painful.

"Stop! Until you get that last kink out, Pei Pei."

The panda soon cracked his back in an almost unnatural fashion, and I grimaced. He sighed in relief. Ew.

"The worst," Donald reminded.

"Loose as a goose and ready to gander," Gladstone exclaimed. Then he saw us. "Kids! Uncle Scrooge. D-Money! Was so relaxed I didn't hear you come in," he strutted over to us.

Donald and Scrooge looked at him in apathy and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Pei Pei here is a miracle worker. Anyway, welcome to Macaw," he gestured to his extremely large room. Or maybe a hotel room? Maybe it was a condo? I don't know. "Help yourself to everything."

Well, at least the room was a bit nicer to look at. Less aggressive.

The kids ran off in different directions and Scrooge gave Donald a look.

I approached Gladstone and gave him a hug. "So, Uncle Gladstone, how have you been?" I asked.

"Lucky," He responded, with an uncomfortable laugh.

I grimaced and faked a smile.

"So, I thought you needed help," Donald approached him.

"Oh, I do need your help," Gladstone began. I saw him look to the side, nervously, before looking back at Donald and Scrooge. I followed his line of sight to the masseuse. He had now paused and was glaring at Gladstone. Hm. Weird.

"Spending all my winnings!" Gladstone announced, receiving a glare from Donald and Scrooge. "Oh, lighten up!" He exclaimed, and the masseuse continued to leave.

He then began to do an impression of Scrooge, spitting poker chips at his face.

"Haggis and top hats! Bless me bagpipes." He then sat grumpily on his coins, as part of the impression. His scottish accent was... bad to say the least.

The kids all laughed, and Scrooge glared at Gladstone before sighing. "This place is for no-account freeloaders, looking to get something for nothing," He complained.

Gladstone looked up at him with the signature Gladstone charm. I can understand why Louie likes him so much. They have similar ideas of being rich.

"Ah, that's true, Scroogey McBillions," I snickered at the nickname, receiving a glare from Uncle Scrooge, "And I am the best at getting something for nothing."

"Best Uncle!" Louie exclaimed, jumping into the pool of poker chips. He resurfaced, leaning against the side of the pool, doing a pose similar to Gladstone.