Chapter 33

Waleed

   I saw her walk away from me and climb into a taxi, I wanted to stop her and throw her over my shoulder and walk to my car, but I didn't do any of those things. She was mad at me, and I wanted to give her time to forgive me.

  I was going to pursue her, till the moment she forgives me and accepts me back. I know I had fucked up, I know I was not worthy of her forgiveness. I loved her and I know she loved me, I agree we were caught up in a difficult situation and I had not acted like a sensible person should have in that situation.

    No matter how much time or effort it took, I was not going to give up. I loved her and I won't let her walk away from my life.

    I kept turning up on places where she went, at first she used to get surprised when she spotted me, but gradually she understood that I had her followed. We had a big argument about it, but I still had her followed, her safety was my utmost priority, now that she was carrying my child, that priority had doubled.

   She had gone to her parent's house after a few days, and she had told our families about her pregnancy. I know this because Dada called and congratulated me, he sounded so ecstatic that I too was filled with joy.

   At least the fear that she might get an abortion was no more, because I know her parents would never allow it. I would show up at her parent's place every evening, and Mia was obliged to give me company, I know how pissed she was at me to exploit her like that, but I couldn't help it.

  It was nearly impossible for me to stay away from her anymore, she had given her parents, the excuse that because it was her first pregnancy and there was no one in our house to take care of her in this condition she had come to stay with them.

  Well, I was glad that there were so many people in her house to take care of her and she needed her mother in this condition, my company would have been of no help because I was as inexperienced as she was in matters of pregnancy.

   One thing that I had learned about her pregnancy was that she was craving for anything sweet during her pregnancy. And I made a note to take some desserts along with me when I visited her parent's place. Her mom was not allowing her to go to work. She had made her resign from the job, and I was grateful to her for that. No matter how much I would have insisted Mia would have never listened to me.

   "Why do you come here every day? You know, I am not forgiving you anytime soon."

    Mia hissed when we were alone in her bedroom one evening at her parent's place.

   "You think, I will stop trying?"

   I replied turning the pages of a magazine, while I was stretched out on her bed. Thankfully, both Ali and Umair were not home today.

   "I don't care, what you do or don't. Just don't bother me with your presence," She said through clenched teeth.

  "You don't want me to come?" I asked getting up from the bed and stalking towards her.

  "Waleed, if you as much as come one step close, I am going to scream for help, " She threatened me.

   I know she was capable of acting on her threat, and I didn't want to create any scene.

  "Mia it's been months since we made love, it's killing me to be with you and not able to touch you," I said frustrated, she needs to give me a break.

  "Right, you are the one high on hormones," She shot back.

   For God's sake, why was she so stubborn? I hated her stubbornness at this moment. I was dying to touch her, to pull her in my arms, to kiss her till she was short of breath and make love to her till she screamed my name.