Chapter 21- No Matter What

I fell to the ground out of breath. 

"What the hell did you just do?" 

I turned around to see Rocket, Wanda, Peter, Sam, and even Bucky. 

"I gave her what she deserved." I stood up and ran into the house. I tore it apart trying to find anything that could give me an idea as to whether or not I killed the right guy. 

"It has to be here. It HAS TO BE HERE!" I yelled throwing books off of a table. I turned around to see Peter standing there in his suit. 

"You told me you were going to go undercover. You told me you wanted nothing to do with your parents."

"I-"

"What? You're sorry?! Why can't you just be honest with me? First, you were sent to Queens to kill me, then you lied to me about your parents not being there. Then you were VERY hesitant to tell me what happened when you died. Now, this!"

"Peter. These people are terrible people. Killing them was the only way I could live in peace!"

"Then why'd you contact us?"

"She was erasing you guys from my memory! Peter I didn't want to lose you!"

"But why? You can protect yourself. Can't you? You just made your own mother disappear! She didn't even turn to dust, she just... disappeared! Was that the soul stone?"

"Yes. It was." I said guiltily.

"You left me. You left ALL of us. You left us for what? To become a killer. You became just like your parents. I don't want to see you turn into a monster! Y/n!"

"Actually... It's Clio..."

"Fine! Whatever! But you are an evil person. You know that? I don't care if you saved the universe! One good act doesn't make up for all the wrong you've done and can do." He said walking away.

"Fine! WALK AWAY! YOU'RE RIGHT! I DON'T NEED YOU! I CAN DO THIS BY MYSELF!" I turned around and sat down in the nearest chair. Everything was silent for a few minutes until I heard footsteps walk in.

"He told me you're name is actually Clio. It's a beautiful name. In greek it actually means glorious."

I turned around to see Wanda standing there. 

"Whatever your physical name is, you're still Y/n. You may look different on the outside. New hair, new eye color, but YOU are the same. It's your choice whether or not you're going to keep the old you or not."

"The old me was pathetic. She was scared. Now, I'm free! I finally used the most powerful stone! I can do whatever I want and no one can stop me!"

"You don't have to do that."

"Do what? Become stronger? People are evolving. I want to be at the top of the food chain when that's over. I'm going to stay on top. I want to be feared. I want to be the most powerful being in the world! And nothing. Not even you will get in my way! This energy in me! It's my true nature. I just haven't been nurturing it correctly. But now! I'm completely free. I feel like a bird that's been in a cage their entire life and is finally set free!"

"You have energy. And you have experience. You even have a passion. But that passion in you will fade. I fought by your side once. And I know this is not the same girl I helped protect."

"People change. We evolve until we find who we really are. And I think I found mine!"

"This isn't you!" Wanda put her hand out trying to make me see my biggest fear. I stood my ground unfazed. I already knew what my biggest fear was. And I was over it. 

"Wanda. Between the two of us, I'm the strongest mentally. We are very similar. We both lost our parents. Our brother. There was even someone who wanted to experiment on both of us. You had H.Y.D.R.A. Mine was E.P.I.C. Believe me! Once you leave all of it behind, it's... enlightening! I promise you! You will feel free! Please let me show you!"

"Are you sure she didn't mess with your head?"

A frown grew across my face when I heard her words. I ignored her and went back to what I was doing before. 

"What are you looking for?!"

"I need to know if I killed the right person or not!"

"So you're killing random people hoping it's the right person? This is what you're turning into?"

"You think I'm insane! Don't you?! Well, guess what! I'm not! So if you're not here to tell me any good news, you can leave!"

Wanda gave in and walked out. "I think you should go in." I heard Wanda tell someone. 

"What THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE WANT WITH ME?!" I turned around with a glow in my eyes to see Rocket standing there afraid. 

"I know this isn't you. Please! Don't take Y/n away from me!"

"Y/n is gone. It's time for Clio to take a stand. You need to let me become the person I was meant to be."

"A killer? Y/n, when Thanos said you had three options, I don't think he actually meant become a murderer."

"Why not?! People are so obsessed with hunting me down and trying to kill me! Why can't I do the same?! Even fucking Captain America tried to hunt me down! You guys didn't think he was a bad guy!"

"I just really wish I had this person still in my life," he said lifting a picture up. I looked at the details and saw Rocket and I working on the time machine. I took it from his paw and looked at it closely. 

"This girl you see here. Is gone. She's not coming back! So stop trying so hard." I threw the picture in the air and walked away. Rocket scrambled over to where I threw it and picked it up before it landed in anything dirty. 

"I don't care."

I stopped in my tracks, confused as to what he meant. 

"I'm not giving up! Maybe you are gone! But I'm going to keep trying until I'm convinced. And I'm nowhere near being convinced."

Instead of walking away, I teleported to a random destination. I let my heart pick where I would be going. 

~Peter's POV~

"What'd you tell her?" I asked Rocket as he was walking out. 

"I told her I would never give up. I told her I was going to get Y/n back."

"That's not going to happen," Wanda said to the rest of us.

"What do you mean?"

"I looked inside her head. Nothing but destruction. I even tried to make her see her fears. It used to be herself. Now that she used the soul stone, she's over it. There's no getting her back." Wanda said walking back to the ship.

"What do you think, kid?"

"I think... no... I know we are going to get her back. No matter how long it takes. No matter how far we have to go. We are going to get her back!"