[2.1]

[𝟐] 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐲

[𝟐] 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐲

"If you love me won't you say something"
-Daniel Cesar
 ______________________
𝐀𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐝 𝐒𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐳

It's been 3 weeks since I transferred here. Nothing's new and the school seems ordinary to me. In those 3 weeks, I've been mourning to my parents if I could go back to my old school.

Mas masaya doon, it was a school for artists. It was lively, the students and its body were super active and every month may pakulo lagi. That school was never boring and it excites me to go to school every day. 

Institute of the Arts-if I graduated high school there, at my old school,  then getting into college wouldn't be a problem for me. I always dreamt of being a music producer someday. I know, napakawalang kwentang pangarap ito-but who knows a hobby could turn into a passion?

My parents find it shallow and absurd. 'Wala ka mapupuntahan with your petty goals', they said. That's why they transferred me here at the Technological Institute of the Philippines. 

My relatives were expecting another Architect in the faminly, they want me to be just like my dad-continuing the legacy of Suarez family. Sa tingin nila na mas mapapadali ang pag-aaral ko sa kolehiyo kung dito rin ako mag-tapos ng high school. At nakakaganda daw ng pangalan ito sa resume.

But this school, however, is somewhat boring. People are into academics, they prefer wasting the time of their lives studying, where in fact, it's the other way around. High school is for extracurriculars while college is for academics. 

Dahil sa college, doon mo malalabas at mai-tetest ang kasipagan mo sa pag-aral.

Dapat nang sulitin ang natitirang taon sa high school dahil hindi mo na ito ulit mararanasan once you stepped in college. Do anything as you please, you're doing this to gain wisdom. 

But not all students have the same perception like me.

The students were gathered here at the Gymnasium for the General Assembly. The morning was about welcoming the students, introducing the faculty and staff, and then discussing the regulations within the school premises.

What an amazing way to start your day!

We had our lunch break and today's afternoon is all about club hopping. You can only join 1 club or 1 organization. I haven't made any progress in those 3 weeks such as making friends, socializing, making an impression, and introducing myself in my own style. 

Ever since I entered here, I became mute. I forgot how to be an outgoing person like I used to be. Being a 3rd-year transferee student is indeed a hassle for me, especially in terms of coping with the new environment.