R7: Dear Screens

R7: Dear Screens

Cikro walked down the sidewalk, keeping his eyes staring up ahead while ignoring the details around himself. Buildings were to his left where the windows were covered up by curtains. It was nearly impossible to know if the windows were there or not. The street was on the opposing side but it became empty. No cars or any other were there driving by him for his performance and Cikro was getting a bit desperate. It did not help that some deer were stalking him and lurked around everywhere he goes. Though Cikro shook his head hoping to clear his mind, he turned the corner towards the right as he continued walking off. He had wanted to find an audience to perform his tricks and illusions with. A large crowd that would be roaring for his attention. That was his dream. But it did not become a reality at all upon this abandoned city. Cikro had hated himself for not passing up the offer to head into SunKill city. He should have refused it and avoided the city at once. Gritting his teeth together, his paw formed a tight fist upon the suitcase that he was holding. His eyes narrowed while he lowered them onto a few inches in front of him. Towards the sidewalk that he was walking on. Everything around him was silent and empty. Only the ringing sounded in his ears. But even that he ignored too.

It did not help anything at all, however. None of it did. When he had arrived here onto the city, he was excited and cheerful. Ready to perform for his adoring audience that was happy to see him. In reality, upon arriving in; no one greeted him. Except for that deer. Cikro shivered as he remembered that clearly upon his mind when the thought had submerged itself through. Having a bunch of questions as to why that deer was there and stalking him, Cikro kept thinking trying to suggestively answer them as best he could. But no matter what answer he can, none of them were able to shatter it apart leaving him worried and anxious. But most importantly, depressed. Unknowingly letting go of the suitcase from his paw, he heard a bang when it made contact with the floor below him. Snapping his thoughts back onto reality, Cikro shifted his attention towards his suitcase which somehow opened. Cikro sighed and drew a breath. Retracing his steps back and raised one flap locking it with the other. Picking up it again, he resumed his efforts to walk advancing through the sidewalk in hopes of finding someone.

But a few seconds afterward, a fog rolled in. Concealing his visions as Cikro narrowed his eyes before turning around and high tailed out of there, he spotted the deer behind him emerging from the corner of the building staring back onto him. Cikro froze in his spot and looked. But he broke contact with it before turning around again and headed straight into the fog. It was dense and he could see a few inches away from him. Though his surroundings were covered in the grayness around him, his ears flickered regardless and he tried to use them. His footsteps echoed into his ears as he ran farther out; keeping his distance away from the deer behind him all the while trying to escape from the fog itself. He kept running through. But slowed down when he noticed something glowing in the distance. It was a red glow; the fog surrounding the glow turned bloodied red also. The glow was only small but Cikro could see it. Grunting and turning tail, he retreated but only took a few steps forth before noticing another red glow behind him. It too the small. Surrounded and with nowhere else to go, Cikro kept still and stared. Circling his head from one glow to another with thoughts emerging frantically in his mind wondering what they were, he stepped back falling onto the sides of the fogs reaching his paws as far as they could hoping to feel the buildings to his sides.

Upon many steps, Cikro felt something behind him and smiled rather faintly but with confidence. Sliding himself to the right, he felt nothing when his arms return behind of him. With an opening that he discovered, Cikro turned around and ran from the glows. Into the dark he goes with his surroundings turning black around him. He did not care one bit and kept moving until he was certain that the fog had disappeared and he was alone again. For upon that time, he slowed down to a stop before shifting his eyes about. Wondering where was he.