Over You (Ch. 1)

Author here, please tell me if I made any mistakes. (Also they all have graduated from high school and all go to the same college and they are all about 20ish) Until then~

❝You never know until that moment, how bad it can feel to lose someone you never really had in the first place.❞ ~

3rd Person

"Alya," Marinette said sighing. They were walking to the Agreste household for a sleep-over. Marinette already moved out of the bakery and had an internship with the Agreste line.

"What's wrong girl? Why are you so sad?" Alya said putting her hand on Marinette's shoulder.

"A-Alya...I think it's time for me to get over Adrien. I mean, I've been pinning onto him for almost five years now, I think it's time for me to realize we just weren't meant to be. I can't even get his attention." She said with her eyes watering. She quickly brushed them off before Alya could notice.

"Girl, I think you should tell him how you feel. I mean you already live with the guy!" Marinette's eyes widened and she shook her head.

"Well, fine. I think I might have another idea for you..."

******

The next day Marinette was introduced to a dating site called 'finders keepers'.

At first, she was completely confused about how it worked. You just clicked right on the person you deemed worthy of your time?

"If you can't get his attention. Make him want to look for yours."

It seemed easy enough, but she still wasn't quite sure about the layout. But why would you go out with someone you just met and didn't know anything about?

When she got to an interesting profile, she heard a knock on her window. She smiled brightly and left her laptop open on her bed. She then went up to her bed to the window. She wiped away the tears she had earlier and opened the window.

"Hey, kitty! What are you doing here so late?" She asked her masked blonde.

"Good evening Princess. I was just out doing parole when I went by your house and decided to drop in." Chat took Marinette's hand and kissed it. She rolled her eyes and pushed him away by the nose.

In reality, Chat finished his patrols and decided to go to her room instead of his. Sure, he could easily walk down the hall and talk to her like that, but something about being his alter ego seemed to be better.

Plus, he could flirt.

"Chat Noir you better have a better explanation than that because I know for a fact you had parole on the other side of town. It's Thursday." Marinette raised her brow'. Over time, Chat shared where he would be patrolling on certain days. Even though Marinette knew this already, being Ladybug, she liked he trusted her enough.

"Guilty Princess." Chat grinned. "I just had to see your pretty face before I went to bed." He leaned in and puckered his lips.

She groaned and threw a pillow at him, which he caught. "Are you sure you're not here just for the snacks?" She giggled.

"Well I can't deny that it was partially the reason I came here...," Chat blushed. "But I actually did want to see you." He smiled.

She shook her head. " Any requests?"

"Croissants?" He asked looking around the room smelling a familiar strawberry-like scent.

"Sure, I'll be back in a sec." She smiled and went downstairs. And just like that, the strawberry scent left.

While Marinette was getting croissants out of the box she had from her parent's bakery in the kitchen, she realized she left her laptop open. Her eyes widened and she quickly ran to her room.

oh shit...

She dashed up the stairs and took a right, but Chat had already beat her to it.

"What's this? And who is that man? Actually no, not man, boy." Chat asked interested in why she was on a dating site. Not that Adrien knew it was a dating site of course. He hadn't been on there looking for a particular someone.

"I-It's nothing." She mumbled and closed her laptop quickly. She gave him the croissants but he put it on the bed not wanting to eat anymore.

"Nothing? Marinette I saw a picture of a guy there. Who was he?" Chat asked feeling slightly worried.

"No one I told you already." She shut her laptop and put it away, not being able to face him.

"Marinette, please tell me." Chat said.

"Why do you want to know so badly? I can take care of myself." She said annoyed.

If it was anyone else he would have abandoned the subject, but Chat didn't want to. No, not when it was regarding Marinette.

"Marinette, please, I want to know." Chat pleaded. "I swear I'll do anything!" Chat tried to negotiate.

"Chat, really it's nothing. I-It doesn't matter anyway." She looked down.

He tugged her chin up to look directly at him. He gently let go and backed away slowly.

"Marinette...Why are your eyes red and puffy? Have you been crying?" Chat looked at her face and by the looks of it, she had been crying earlier. "Who made you cry?" He wondered how he couldn't hear her sobs if he was just next door.

She pouted. She looked away again, not realizing why.

"I was trying to get over someone I loved. And yes I know what 'love' means. I just realized that he was way out of my league and that I'll only be friends to him. Best friends at most. It took me a while to actually get over him though, and I doubt I'm over him still." She started.

" So I asked Alya what I should do and she told me to either confess or go find someone. And so since I'm way too chicken to ask him out or even tell him I like him, here I am, going through a dating site trying to push my feelings away," she mumbled the last part.

Adrien slightly frowned to her saying she 'loved' him. Who was he? And what did he do to deserve her affection? Why him? Was he a bad guy? Was he so oblivious that she had to resort to this? All these questions rushed through his head.

"Who was he?" He asked uneasily.

She smiled weakly. "Now, now, Kitty. I can have some secrets for myself now can't I?" She poked his nose and walked to her bed. She yawned and said," Chat don't you think it's time for you to head home? It's really late." He frowned and nodded.

"Until next time my dear sweet Princess. And don't think this conversation is over yet my sweet. Goodnight." He grinned. Chat kissed her hand and jumped outside circling back to his room before she could notice he went back.

Who was she trying to get over?

That question rung over Adrien's ears all night.

**************

So what did you guys think about it? This chapter is dedicated to, KatLady16badbxoand last but defiantly not least, 19RaeNegadeThey all helped and supported me so much, and I just wanted to thank them for everything. They are also authors of other books so you should check them out!