After finishing of their dinner they sat in the diner for a while before they ordered desert. Everyone was exhausted, but no one wanted to sleep. So, they sat in the diner until 3 talking. about anything and everything. 

Time was ticking and the night was coming to an end which meant Mayas stay was coming to and end soon. So, the four of them grabbed their things and headed out of the diner. The walked down the street with no directions. The cool summer breeze brushed up against Maya sending her light chills. Caleb noticed this and offered her his sweater. Without hesitation she put it on. It smelled just like him. Maya took a deep breath in wrapping the sweater around her. A faint smell of laundry and warm, woody Cologne. Just like Caleb. A smell she had become accustomed to.

They carried on walking for a while in silence, in a comforting silence. All four of them feeling the same way. So, instead of speaking about what to do or even mentioning Maya's flight they kept walking in silence.

Caleb came to a sudden stop, Maya turned around to face him. "Guys! Hold up!" He called while looking at stairs leading to a rooftop.

Jason and Ali, stoped a few feet away from them before Jason asked what was going on.

"The suns gonna come up soon! Let's climb up and watch the sunrise!" Caleb suggests.

All 3 of them looked up at the stairs leading to the top of a rooftop, "come on, let's go!" alie said. right Before Ali pushed Jason towards the stairs. 

" why do I have to go first ? " Jason whined while climbing the stairs. "It was calebs idea he should go first!" He suggested, looking down at his best friend

"Quit being a chicken and just climb!" Ali ordered.

Before climbing up the small stairs Jason looked back at Ali "if I die!"

"Just climb!" Ali said, impatiently.

Jason whipped his head around and started climbing without hesitation. When they reach the top Jason lend a hand to Ali and Maya and hooted them up. When Caleb got to the top Jason walked alway saying "you're a big boy"

Ali smacked Jason lightly and you could hear him chuckle. Maya reaches out to help Caleb up. he took a hold of her small hands and thanked her when he got up, not letting go of her hand as they walked across the rooftop to the other side toward the edge.

The view was breathtaking even better than the one on the fairs wheel. The city lights still shining bright.
The group of friend sat on a ledge of the rooftop waiting for the sun to rise. Caleb sat down and patted the spot next to him for Maya to sit. She took off her backpack and sat right next to him. leaving no space in between. Caleb wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned his head on her head. 

                                                                    *****************************

"Maya, wake up." Caleb said, in soft voice. Maya lifted her head off his chest. wondering when and how she fell asleep.

"You don't want to miss the sunrise" he whispered, while rubbing her shoulder. Maya opens her eyes to see that the horizon had turned orange. She sat up a bit, but still leaning on to caleb.

"how long have I been sleeping for?" She asked, while looking around. Ali had also dosed off and Jason was trying to wake her up as well.

"Maybe 10-15 mins" Caleb said looking down at her.
She could make out his face now that the sun was rising. A soft warm smile playing in his lips and his eyes twinkled as the sun reflected off of them. 

As the sun came up, Caleb pulled out the disposal camera and took a few snaps of the sunrise. When the sun was fully up, that's when Caleb got up. "Don't wanna miss your flight" he said, while holding out his hand for maya.

She looked up at him, Caleb had a small smile, but it didn't reach his eyes. the held a bit of sadness. something her eyes also reflected. She took a hold of his stretched out hand. Once she was on her feet Caleb pulled her in for a hug. She wrapped her arms around his torsos. The stayed wrapped up in each other's arms for a few seconds before heading down the roof.

Once the made I'd off the roof, the make their way to the nearest train station. Before heading to the airport they made a few stop.  first was at the coffee shop the first went to. The order their croissants and coffee to go. As they headed out the doors, Caleb stoped half way out the door.

"Give me a minute" he called out, walking back into the coffee shop.

A few minutes later he came back out and then made their way to a photo printing place that was across the street. They got all the pictures they took from the disposable camera printed and also some out from their phones. Once they got the pictures all four of them headed to the nearest train station.
The ride to the airport was about hour long. Luckily they had just enough time to get there.

Once the train arrived, everyone got in and took a seat. They had small talk while having their coffee and croissants. Caleb took out all the pictures from a brown envelope and every one grab a bunch and started going through them. They made sure to print extras of the special ones so each would have a copy.
While the three of them went through each picture, Mia took out a few post cards she had wrote on at the dinner and keychains to give to their friends.

About 20 minutes had passed and Ali dosed off with Jason following suit. It was early morning so the train was empty and Ali and Jason sound asleep leaving Caleb and Maya to themselves. "Thank you, for showing me around" she said softly.

"anytime." Caleb replied with a smile.
Maya laid her head on calebs shoulder and they intertwined their fingers. They sat in silence for the rest of the ride. Lost in their own thoughts.

                                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~

if you liked this chapter please consider giving it a vote. 

thank you :)