***

Logan stared at the scythe for a couple of minutes after arriving home. He sighed and picked it up, it had gotten heavier than before, and it even seemed as if he was carrying a dead body with one hand. He nodded, wrapped the scythe in a piece of cloth in a way that it was almost impossible to tell what it was.

He left his house and made his way to the old burn down mansion when he, by chance, spotted the person he was looking for. This time she was alone, sitting in a bench.

“Excuse me miss?”

“Yes?”

The moment she turned her face away from the book she was reading Logan lost a bit of courage. She really was very beautiful. She looked about five or six years older than him.

“I was… wondering, if you knew a guy by the name of Keisuke?”

When he said that the lady suddenly stood up as fast as she could with an expression of concern

“D-do you know where he is?!”

“Y-yeah...”

“Is he okay?! Is my guardian angel okay?!”

Logan put his head down  for a couple of seconds and then raised it again. 

***

“Hello?” said Logan as he picked up the phone “Oh hey, hon. Yeah, no problem I’ll pick them up today. Don't forget Jona invited us drinking tomorrow, yeah Lucas is not coming. He's travelign for work so he can't make it. Yeah ofcouse he's going to bring his nephews they get along great. Yeah, alright. Love you too, Kat. Bye.”

As Logan walked down that nostalgic street he decided to pass by the candy store Keisuke worked at.

“Okay I'm three hours early, anyways… the hell is wrong with me? Why did I come here so early?”

Logan waited a bit in front of the store before crossing the street. He didn’t know what to say, or whether he should buy something or not.

He took a deep breath and opened the door. The bell’s jingle left a new melancholic feeling as he made the second step that was even harder to make. The last time he had ever gone in that store was to inform the owner that Keisuke wasn’t going to come back and then another time to tell her that he had passed away. The moment he looked at all the candy shelves he remembered how Keisuke would walk in his apron and be surprised to see him every time.

“Welcome.” Said the owner startling Logan

He took a couple of steps forward, and the bent to take a look at the owner behind the counter. The moment he spotted her he removed his scarf and walked inside even more. The moment the owner saw him she smiled. She did seem to have matured, but even so she was only ten years older than Logan so the difference was not that heavy.

“It’s been a while, owner.”

“Oh my god! Logan!” The owner walked out of the counter and gave him a hug. “I haven’t seen you in so long! Have you been alright?”

“Yeah, I have… I’m married actually, got two kids.”

“Don’t tell me! Katherine? Oh I’ve been rooting for you guys!” she said as she playfully slapped Logan’s shoulder.

“Ha-ha! Yeah. How do you know about her?”

“Oh, Keisuke used to talk about everyone all the time. I’m happy for you!”