"Brothers, this is my new friend, Azalea. Azalea, these are my brothers, Finn." She gestured to the tall man with defined cheekbones. "Elijah." She gestured to the man who held a very proper stature. "Niklaus." She gestured to the blond man that resembled her slightly. "and Kol." She finally looked at the proud looking man.

"Nice to make your acquaintances, but I really must go now." She turned to Rebekah. "If you need anything, just ask myself or my brother, wherever the filthy rat is. I'm sure we'll be able to help." She looked at the brothers one more time, to see Niklaus and Kol laughing at her comment, while the other two kept their composure. With a small smile, she ran off.

Later on, as she still sat in the garden and the sun began to set, she saw someone walk towards her. "It's getting dark, love. Care for someone to escort you home, keep you safe from the monsters?" She looked up to see Rebekah's brother, Kol.

"I assure you I can fend for myself, and my brother should be here shortly. Besides, if I am to be attacked I'm sure my screams would alert everyone in the area." She retorted, standing up and facing him.

"Oh, but you underestimate them. I'm sure anyone with half a brain could figure out how to keep someone like you quiet." He taunted.

"Pardon? What do you mean by 'someone like you'?" She narrowed her eyes at him.

Just as he opened his mouth to speak, he was interrupted. "Brother, I insist you stop trying to scare the poor girl, who is obviously just trying to work without your... disturbance."

The two looked over to see Elijah standing there, arms folded behind his back.

"As you wish." He complied with a smirk. He walked past as Elijah walked closer to Azalea.

"I'm sorry for my brother's... mannerisms. He can be overwhelming at times." Elijah apologized, but Azalea just waved it off.

"I'm used to men labeling my gender as my weakness. It's quite alright." He gave her a look. "I promise. Don't worry." She gave him an encouraging smile. He turned to leave, before looking back at her.

"Goodnight, Azalea. Rest well." Elijah told her. She nodded with a small smile.

"You as well, Elijah. You as well." She mumbled. She was beginning to think that the Mikaelson's weren't that bad. Maybe they were different.

She waited until the sky was nearly pitch black and the only light she had was the moon, before giving up hope on her brother. She picked up the basket of fruits and vegetables she had collected, and began walking home. Her heart pounded against her chest as the path got darker and narrowed. She stopped as she heard rustling in the brush.

"Hello?" She looked around, to see nobody. She shrugged and kept walking. The noise got louder and louder. She picked up the pace, in hopes to return home quicker, but she was too late. Within moments, the person she'd known as Kol Mikaelson had he pinned against a tree.

"What are you doing?" She asked, trying to get out of his grip. A smirk grew onto his face as he looked her in the eye.

"Don't scream." He compelled, she looked at him with confusion. Then, she remembered the bracelet her brother gave her, that he said would protect her from vampires. She took a quick glance at it, but Kol understood. He grabbed the bracelet and tore it off of her wrist. With a displeased look, he once again met her eyes.

"I hate to do this, because I love a good plea for mercy, but don't scream." He compelled her again. This time, her lips quivered in fear.

"Stop. Don't." She breathed out, as he bit into her neck. She tried to let out a scream, but she couldn't. She could only groan in pain as he drank from her.