6

❛ ❜ : 6

Beomgyu laughs as his Taehyung-hyung told him a joke, it was quite relieving for Beomgyu to hang out with someone after a long day at work where in he still tries his best to avoid Yeonjun all day.

He still can't face Yeonjun with courage after remembering what happened between him and Yeonjun years ago and also in the green room. He humiliated himself enough in front of Yeonjun, he can't look at him the same anymore especially now when the older one already saw his weak side.

"Beomgyu? Are you alright?"

Beomgyu snaps himself back to reality after zoning out. He smiles and nods, "Yes, thank you so much for treating me today, next time I'll treat you!" Beomgyu says as he sips his mango milk shake.

"That would be awesome, I'd love to hang out with you again," Taehyung says and smiles.

"Me too!" 

Silence took over, Beomgyu felt it was getting awkward so he decided to speak, "So, how long have you been working in the company?" The younger one asks.

Taehyung thinks for a moment before answering, "Ever since Yeonjun was still a trainee."

Beomgyu nods and made a small 'oh'.

Taehyung suddenly chuckles as he stirs his straw around his strawberry milk shake, "I remembered how Yeonjun almost gave up on his dream at those times, he would always come up to me and cry."

The younger one looks at him, curious on what his ex boyfriend has experienced after leaving him.

"Why?" Beomgyu asks.

"Well, Yeonjun was still really young back then I guess. He still couldn't weigh down life's problems and struggles on his shoulders. He wasn't a good trainee, but he wasn't a bad one as well. He just couldn't beat all the other trainees," Taehyung starts.

"Until one day, he almost wanted to give up when he ranked last on the monthly evaluation board again. He ran outside the building when it was raining, I followed him and tried to talk to him," Taehyung frowns and sips from his strawberry milk shake before looking out the glass wall.

It was raining as well, just like that time.

"He kept on telling me things like he shouldn't have left him, he should have at least said good bye properly, that he's sorry he left him for nothing."

Beomgyu gasps silently, he never knew Yeonjun experienced that.

"I didn't know what he was saying, but I did my best to talk to him."

Yeonjun kept on crying on his knees under the heavy rain, he regrets leaving Beomgyu. What if he never debuts? He can never face Beomgyu again when he left him for nothing.

"Jjuni, please lets go back, you'll catch a cold!" Taehyung rushes over to Yeonjun and holds an umbrella over his head.

"I should have never left him."

"I should have at least said good bye."

"I can never face him again, I left him for a dream that I can never reach."

Yeonjun cries, loud and hard. 

Taehyung didn't know what to do back then, he just hugged the younger one and rub his arms to comfort him.

"And do you think you'll be able to reach it if you're here whining?" Taehyung says. Yeonjun looks at him, confused.

"All of us will go through this kind of things, we don't always get what we want immediately, we just have to work harder to reach it. Giving up is never an option to something you really want," Taehyung smiles at him.

"Believe you can, and you're half way there."

Taehyung looks at Beomgyu, "He managed to understand what I said and worked harder. He became consistent number one on any evaluation and debuted years after. I'm so proud of him."

Beomgyu lowers his gaze and drinks his mango milkshake, "I'm proud of him too."

"I wonder who that boy he was talking about? The one he regrets leaving."

[ a/n ] :

all of us are having struggles in life, just don't give up.

fighting !