Chapter 19 - King Loki

Start from the beginning

"I missed you old man,"

He scoffs into your shoulder. "Old man my ass,"

Clint walks into the room holding a sesame seed bagel, dropping it immediately when he sees you. "Y/n!" You leave Stark to hug Clint. "Thank god you're here! Dinner hasn't been the same without you! All the food is gross! We had steak one night and I couldn't even chew it!-"

"Hey, I cooked the steak!" Tony's offended look made you smile.

"Well, we can all have garlic Parmesan risotto tonight,"

Clint punches the air in delight before picking up his bagel from the ground and eating it.

"That's gross," you comment as he shrugs and goes back to the kitchen.

"I heard the only decent person in the building is back," Nat stops leaning on the wall and walks over to you with a smirk. "I missed you," she says into your shoulder as you embrace.

"I missed you too..."

"Where's Thor?" Bruce walks out the elevator.

"Thor is with Jane but soon he'll be off world," You walk towards the kitchen and grab a glass of water.

"What about Loki?" You stop drinking an place the the glass down, you sigh and put on your best 'close to tears but not just yet' face.

"Loki is... Loki is dead,"

"What? How-"

"Dark elves, kursed dark elf stabbed him... I don't really want to talk about it," you look up at Nat who nods. She bought it? Score!

Tony places a hand on your shoulder. "Sorry about that kid,"

Putting on a fake looking smile, you chuckle. "It's ok," you place the glass in the dish washer.

"Now, tell me about your new outfit," Tony immediately changes the subject in an attempt to cheer you up.

"Asgardian armour- oh I want to show you something!" A shimmer of blue passes over you and you were back to your normal Midgard jeans and shirt. "Voila,"

"That is AWESOME!" He walks around you and inspects the clothing. "What's this?" He points to a deep scratch.

"Nothing, just something from a fight... which by the way, I have been getting good at, I can even..." crossing your arms over your chest then to your side you conjure up why you think was going to be daggers- Stark bursts into laughter.

"Y/n, you're holding a rubber chicken," you look down and squeeze the toy, it lets out an annoying screech causing Tony to laugh even harder. "Maybe next time kid,"

"Where's Mr America?" You ask once discarding the chicken.

"DC," Tony replies simply. "He said he wanted a quiet life,"

You snort. "Like that's gonna happen," your lips curl up slowly at the thought.

Can't wait until he meets Sam.

~~~

Nat left a few days ago, saying she's headed to DC, you ask her to keep in touch as much as possible, updates and such on what was happening.

"Dr Banner requests you in the lab, Mx L/n," you had spent the last month and half practicing magic and hand to hand combat.

Your teleportation has almost been perfected and conjuring was on its way, illusions were a mixed story. Turning invisible and projecting was easy to do and you did it often, however physical Illusions and illusions of other people were much more difficult to hold up for a long time.

"What's up, Doc?" You appear next to Banner who had gotten used to you doing so.

"I think I've found something linking to your appearance in this universe," you sit down on a stool as he pulls out a white board. "Bare with me... Moments before you arrived there was a weird flash of blue in the sky, not like lightning, more like a fast version of the northern lights,"

"And you think it has something to do with me?" He points his finger towards you.

"Exactly! It has to be,"

"But that doesn't explain how I got here," he clicks his fingers and points to two words written in red. "Fiction travel?" He nods.

"It's a form of travel between dimensions, now bare with me I got it from an anime," you stifle laugh and hear him out. "In the anime Pastel memories the rabbit shed shop employees are able to jump through different fiction works, I think you have this power or something similar, I don't know how or why but that's all I got,"

"Alright... so you're saying I have this fiction travel power thingy? But that doesn't explain why I have Asgardian magic," he nods.

"I theorise that when you fiction traveled your body adapted to the image you saw yourself as in this universe,"

You stand up and pace the room. "So hypothetically I could jump between fictional dimensions? I can go home?" Bruce nods with a smile. "What if I don't want to go home?"

"Why not? Everything would be back to normal-"

"Maybe I don't want normal, first time in my life I've made proper friends, a family, I don't think I want to leave that behind," Banner peaks over his glasses. "I know I don't want to leave that behind..." a hand places itself on your shoulder, you look up to see him smiling.

"Then don't leave it behind, frankly I think the avengers would fall apart if you left," you chuckle and sit back down.

"The only reason I'd want to go back home is to collect important things from my house," you twiddle your fingers and list things. "Like my family photo album which only has like five photos," a mixture of a sad laugh and sigh leaves your mouth.

"Five?"

"Yup, one of my mom, one of my dad, grandparents, baby me and a picture of us all together,"

"I'm guessing they passed?" You nod.

"Miss them, but I don't like to look back on it too often, hardly remember anything anyways... oh, what else would I take? Definitely my clothes and books, Polaroid, my pop funkos, signed posters-" your nostalgic moment was interrupted by a sudden buzzing noise filling the room. "Bruce, what's that sound-" you turn around and see a blue mist floating behind the table you were sat at.

~~~

Oh the cliffhangers have returned!

- Anna ❤️