Part One - Alice Middleton

Alice's POV

Hi my name is Alice Middleton, but you can call me Alice for short. I'm 18 years old so I'm in my senior year as a high schooler. I live in Beverly Hills with my mom, Elizabeth Middleton. My dad, Henry Middleton died from a fatal lung disease called Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.

To make it more devastating, he died on my tenth birthday... Really I was like OMG!!!!..... After weeks when we knew that my dad was diagnosed, he began to get weaker and weaker and weaker and so on. It was hard seeing my mom the most.

She began to act kinda weird all of the sudden after my dad's funeral. She never smile like genuinely smile since then. She is 49 years old so she is kinda lonely these days but she's really good at hiding it. Maybe for my sake,, that I don't know..... Sometimes I try to make her happy, like always act like a baby,, a big baby for sure.. To her, and yeah, nothing worked....

Well enough of my mom,, let's talk about me. I go to Beverly Hills High School.I have many friends and also foes but I really don't give a damn anyway to those suckers especially Gwen Malfoy a. k. a THE QUEEN BEE OF BHHS. She always brags about how perfect and pretty and hot and whatever the hell that she brags about all day long.

Well she is perfect,, that I have to admit. And yeah you can say that I hate and also envy her. Cuz I'm not as beautiful or sexy or maybe attractive at least like her. She wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts and she's cheer captain and well.. I'm always on the bleachers. She's a perfectionist also. Hell,,,am I repeating myself??? Whatever ~~~

She also dates Maxuel Martin a. k. a THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE IN BHHS EVER.. LOL..... And yes again,, I have a crush on the dude,, but hell,he doesn't even know my name. Let alone,, knowing my existence in this cold and unfair world. To top it all of, I'm diagnosed with Sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob, the most common of all Creutzfeldt-Jakob.

Creutzfeldt-Jakob is a rare, degenerative, invariably fatal brain disorder. I was diagnosed when I was fifteen actually. Sometimes I may lack of coordination of my body,,, blah blah....,, failing memory,, and also behavior changes. As the illness progresses,, I can become blind and also coma may occur. But for some reason,, I'm different.....

And why do I say that I'm different,, The answer is because this disease usually appears in later life and 90 percent of individuals die in one year. Is God putting a test on me.. That I don't have knowledge to answer.....Well you guys are probably wondering how I got it,, well long story short.....

On a beautiful yet boring morning during the weekend at home, I was eating oatmeal and a glass of milo a. k. a breakfast. My mom was watching some sappy Korean drama by the moment,, I think....... Well I sometimes forget.... I do have a brain disorder for crying out loud.... Continuing on,, when I was about to put my plate in the sink,, my head started to feel pain all of the sudden. My eyesight became blurry quickly. I didn't know what to do at first so I called for my mom. My body as in my muscles started to ache as well.

My mom saw and ran straight towards me. I fell and knocked my head on the floor. I felt my mom's breathing around my face when she layed me on her lap. I could also feel her tears dropping on my face, and then... I blacked out....

I woke up in the hospital the next morning. My mom was beside me crying her eyes out. I saw the doctor coming in the ward with some papers I assume the results of a diagnosis on me,, I thought... My mom cried even harder when she saw the results. I was dying to know what had happened to me. And yeah after I knew,, I thought that I would never be the same again.

But for the time being,, I didn't have anything happened to me after that. Many doctors were dumbfounded and amazed at the same time. They studied me, experimented on me, and etc. My mom on the other hand didn't want me to continue school all of the sudden but I kinda refused that one. I just wanna live like everyone in this fucking world for God's sake.

I wanna live and be treated like a normal teenager just like before I got this good for nothing disease. And FYI,, before I had this illness,, I smoke and pretty much even after I got it. But don't you ever tell my mom about this. It's just between us. And us only. Except for the author of course but you get what I mean...... Stay tuned for the next update... The author needs a lot of readers......