Chapter 4: First Day of School

Start from the beginning

After another 10 minutes, Marinette rushes down the stairs, grabbing a lunchbox from Mama Sabine, kissing her on the cheek. She then goes to a tall and plump man and hugs him, before dashing to the front to meet me. "Bye mama! Bye papa!" She shouts, turning and gesturing to me to follow her. I thank her parents, skipping out of the patisserie behind her, and we make our way to school. From the tip of my eye, I saw Adrien walking ahead of us and picked up speed on purpose. Mari was busy talking to me and wasn't looking where she was going. I had the purrfect plan in mind. Once Mari was right behind Adrien, I slow down, rushing behind her and pushing her into him. Mari screams, and Adrien turn around just in time to catch her. "Are you oka- oh, hey Marinette! Who's this?" He asks a tomato Mari while curiously looks at me. I silently facepalm myself. Seems like we have a ton of work to do with this guy. I thought. "H-hi Adrien! It's so good to kiss- I-I mean, meet you here! This is (y/n), a new talking- I mean, transfer student." I wave at him, and we continue our suddenly turn into super awkward walk. After 3 minutes of silence, I gave up. "So.. Marinette, I heard you draw and design well, can I see it?" I ask, smiling. She mouths a thanks to me and starts digging around in her bag. She pulls out a pink sketchpad and passes it to me. I flip through it, focusing on certain designs.

A (a/c) dress, the top filled with roses that intertwines with lush green leaves. From the waist down, there is a spiral of jewels in all shades of colours. The dress is around knee-level, and ends with some white snowy fluff. (no image, just imagination)

Another dress was ankle-long, and was coloured blue from the top, fading to white at the bottom, the end of the dresses fading into black. Simple, but amazing.

The last dress that caught my attention was... stunning.

(Creds: FizzArt)

(Creds: FizzArt)

I have no words to express how amazing this dress is... it's just so perfect.. Marinette was doing her best to stifle her laughter while Adrien just looked at the dresses in awe. "You drew this, Mari?" He asks. Mari went beet red, and just nod her head vigorously. "Woah, they look amazing! Hope to see you in one of these dresses!" He says. Mari was technically competing with blood on who's redder. I smirk, glad to make a little progress. The rest of the journey was more of a comfortable silence and I went to my phone, blasting music through my earpiece. 

(Music: HuMiY CORE, not mine!) 

I then went to my phone and began reading on Wattpad. (Also not sponsored LMAOO) Next thing I knew, I bumped into someone or something and fell backwards. I yelped, shutting my eyes, expecting to land rough. However, that never came. A hand slipped around my waist all of a sudden, and I was pulled up. I open my eyes to see a pair of turquoise eyes, laced with worry and shock, staring down at me. The red-orange hair was brushed to the side. Oh, I could really get used to this. "Y-you okay?" Nathaniel voiced out. I realised he was still holding my waist and gasped, pulling out of his grasp, missing his warmth almost immediately. Nath widens his eyes and blushed furiously, his skin darker than the shade of his hair. Oh my gosh, he looks so freaking cute. Someone kill me please. "Ooh, (y/n)'s got an admirer and a crush~" Marinette mumbled in my ear. I gasp, and give her the death glare. Turning back to Nathaniel, I say, "Thanks for catching me, though I honestly don't mind landing on my butt." I laugh. That seems to make Nathaniel relax a little, while I'm literally dying inside trying not to let the heat onto my face. Is this how it feels to fall in love? "Let's head in before we go from on time to late, which is in like, 2 minutes." I forgot Adrien existed. Oops. "Yeah, let's go!" I pull Mari along with me and into the school, abandoning the guys. I stop abruptly and turn to face her. "Well? You're my guide, lead the way!" I sing cheerfully. Mari giggles and leads me up the green stairs on the left. A lady with red-orange hair tied in a bun arrives at the door and tells Mari, "Hey Marinette! You should go into class now. Are you (y/n) (l/n)?" She says to me.

I nod, staying silent. "Great! I am Ms Bustier, the main teacher of this class. Do me a favour and wait outside till I call you in, okay dear?" I smile widely at her. Adrien and Nathaniel made it to class a while before Ms Bustier entered. She enters and greets the class, then gestures me to follow her into class. "Class, we have a new student joining us today. Please make her feel welcome!" Ms Bustier chirped."Hey! I am (y/n) (l/n), I've lived in Los Angeles my whole life, so I'm hoping my time here will be fulfilling!" I said cheerfully, before turning to a girl with yellow hair tied up in a high ponytail, with some over-heavy makeup. Ew, this girl looks like she just came from the trash bin. Like, what is she wearing?! I give Chloe the death stare, and she turns away, giving a realistic 'hmph'. I roll my eyes. "I want to adjust the sitting arrangements a little so (y/n) can sit close to someone she knows. Alya, you sit beside Ivan, and (y/n) can sit beside Marinette." I catch Marinette's sad face and realise I have to voice something out. "Ms Bustier, it's okay. I don't mind sitting somewhere else, in the empty seats. Alya is a very helpful friend and can help Marinette out a lot as well." Ms Bustier gives me a look, but gives in anyways. "Fine, who else do you know in this class?" Marinette's eyes widen, and she shouts, "Miss! (y/n) knows Nathaniel as well, maybe she can sit with him!" I was shocked and immediately narrow my eyes at Mari. Oh, now she's done it. "Miss, I've heard from Marinette that the boy beside Adrien talks to him way too much, so maybe Marinette and he could change seats." I smirk at Mari. Mari looks at Adrien and clearly had begun daydreaming, before Alya pushes her and whispers something into her ear. Mari snaps back and stares at me. I muffle my giggle. Ms Bustier sighs. "Okay, Adrien, change seats with Alya. Nathaniel and Ivan, swap seats. (y/n), you sit beside Nathaniel. Now, Marinette will be in front of you so you can ask her for help if you need." Well, we both got what we wanted, I guess. I nod to Ms Bustier and walk to my seat after everyone has settled down, sitting next to a tomato Nath, our thighs touching a little, but neither moving away. "You must have heard of the recent outbreaks of teen akuma attacks. You also should know that you will be getting dorms. During break, I want all of you to head to the library and meet Ms Mandeleiev to collect your keys. Now let's go on to today's lesson."

I look as if I'm paying attention to class on the outside, but I'm literally melted on the inside. Nath's warmth beside me. The way his hair falls over his face. His sparkling turquoise eyes. Ugh, this isn't going to help me with my life at all. I facepalm myself internally.