Chapter 12 | Ideas

Start from the beginning

"Really?!" I asked, starting to panic a bit, "What was I saying?"

It seemed like Sera's expression deflated and she looked saddened "You don't remember?" She asked.

"Nah." I scratched the back of my neck, "Those pills really had me out of it. " I grimaced, slightly embarrassed, "I didn't say anything weird, right?"

Pausing, Sera thought for a moment and said, "You told me about the voices that haunt you... and what they say." She bit her lip, refusing to meet my glance.

"Wait, seriously?!" I asked, placing my glass down, "I-I'm so sorry you had to listen to that! I must have made you uncomfortable..."

Sera looked up, "I mean sure, it was unsettling. But I was glad to finally find out." she said, "I really wish you said something sooner... and when you were sober. Why didn't you?"

My mouth hung open for a second, while I tried to form a coherent explanation. "I guess, I wasn't to sure what to think about it myself, so I tried to ignore the problem. That's easiest to do if I'm the only one aware of it." I dug my hands into my pockets, trying to hide my hands' small tremors.

Hopping off the counter, Sera paced over to me. She held me in a comforting  embrace and whispered, "You never learn do you?" she burried her face in my chest, muffeling her voice, "What you're dealing with is more than one person can handle alone, John.  There's no shame in it!" she propped her chin up, looking deep into my eyes, "Just accept it, so I can help you."

I blinked, sniffling quietly. Returning her hug, I pulled her closer to me. "I want to, Sera, but it's really difficult. All I ever wanted was to be ordinary; to fit in. Yet, no matter what I try, more sh*t keeps piling on, cutting me off from others." I pressed my forehead against her's, "I don't want to scare you away.  Can we stay like this forever?", I smiled weakly, closing my eyes. "I love you.", I whispered.

Sera's body was shaken by an inward chuckle, "I know." she said, "You told me earlier."

My eyes shot open, "What?! When?!", I exclaimed.

"We were chilling on the bed, waiting for you to pass out. Then you turned to me and went on a tangent about how pretty I was and how you fell for me in the infirmary." she grinned,  "If that wasn't sappy enough, at the end, you said you loved me ."

Heat radieted from my face, as I squealed in embarassment. "Oh, no that's so....", I sighed, cringing.

"It was adorable.", Sera assured me, "Besides,", she stretched up onto her toes and pecked the tip of my nose, "I love you too."

I was dumbstruck, but attempted to speak anyway, "I-I, uh... I d-don't know how to reply to t-that..!", I laughed awkwardly, "I didn't expect-"

Sera's lips crashed against mine, as if to shut me up. Which was for the best, obviously. Melting into the kiss, I lifted her off the floor and sat her on the counter, again. She threw her arms around my neck, deepening the kiss.  I held her waist, my hands scrambbling under her shirt and all over her back. I felt myself being driven wild with desire as I pulled away to kiss her jaw, making my way down her neck.

Whimpering in my ear, she started tugging at my t-shirt, struggling to take it off. I let go, instanlty removing the fabric.  She stared at my sculpted build, begining to blush. As she caressed my chest, I pecked at her soft, dripping lips.

Suddenly, the door swung open.  Walking into the dorm, Blyke cheered, "Go team!! I heard the good news- WOAH!!! I was NEVER here!" he bolted. Slamming the door behind him.  We both paused, glaring in its direction. We could still hear him screaming in the hall, "It's happening!! Everybody stay calm!! STAY FU*KING CALM!! ISEN!!!"

There was a moment of quiet  and then-

"THEY'RE GOING AT IT IN THE KITCHEN!!!"

Another pause. Probably Isen speaking.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, 'WHO'?!!! JOHN AND SERAPHINA!!!"

"HOLY SH*T!!!", yep it was Isen.

Glancing back at me in anoyance, Sera froze time. I hijacked her freeze and followed her out of the dorm in to the hall. I watched as she kicked the two idiots to  the opposite end of the building. "There, peace and quiet.", she smirked, meandering over to me, swinging her hips.

I couldn't help but laugh at the sight. "You don't have to go the extra mile, Sera. You're already hot enough." I teased.

Crossing her arms, she frowned, "Ha.Ha. We found ourselves a comedian." Soon, her face relaxed into a soft smile, "Shall we?" She purred, gesturing to the dorm.

"Uh- yeah." I nodded, scratching my neck, "And, Sera, thanks..."

"For what?" she asked, puzzled, "We havn't done anything yet."

"No- just-" I sighed, "Thanks for being there for me, despite everything. I know I've said it before but I don't know how to express my gratidude."

Sera reached out and grabbed my hand, leading me back to the door. She looked up at me wickedly and said, "I have a couple of ideas."

I gulped. Oh, fu*k.

Hey everyone!!It feels great to be back! Sorry for going on a break so abruptly

Hey everyone!!
It feels great to be back! Sorry for going on a break so abruptly. For those who don't know, I was working on my original comic,  Half Empty. I'm entering the Webtoon contest with it later this month.

I'll make a big announcement on here once it's published, I'd appreciate your support!!

Till next time<3