Chapter 18- Soul Seer

Start from the beginning

"Hey Ezra" I said opening the door quietly.

"Hey Addi."

I sat next to him "Do you think we can take on of our walks?"

He gave me a questioning look and I pleaded with my eyes.

"Yea sure." he said and stood up.

He notified Eli that we were leaving and followed me out the door.

"Where are we walking to?" he asked.

"The forest." I said simply.

He looked at me strange but followed me out. As we ran I pasted different ways of asking him in my head. I didn't want him to have the same reaction as Olivia. Then again Colten told me to ask him for a reason. I had to go with how he told me to ask. Once I decided we were far enough I stopped and listened to our surroundings. As far as I could tell no one was around.

"Ok Addi whats going on? Why all the way out here?"

"Ezra I need to ask you something but where no one can hear."

He stood there waiting "Well are you gonna ask or should I start guessing?"

"Oh yea, that's right. Ok I need to know everything you know about Soul Seers."

His mouth dropped "Why?"

"I don't know yet, maybe when you tell me I'll know why, but I was told to ask you."

"Told? By who?" he questioned.

"A friend, please just tell me and I'll explain everything."

He sighed "Fine, but you better tell it all cause not everyone knows about Soul Seers."

I nodded

"Ok Soul Seers are... very rear. There are maybe four at most ever heard of in vampire existence. With each Soul Seer comes a great battle. The loss is damaging to our existence. But before these great battles there is always someone new that can see the souls of vampires. Some recently dead and some dead for hundreds of years. The souls they see are I guess psychics they know many things but they also know who the next Soul Seer is. But only one soul is chosen to bond with the, they stick with them through everything and guide them. But in battle Soul Seers are feared ever since the first one. They are the ones meant to defeat or destroy whoever leads the opposing side in battle. If you have a Soul Seer on your side that means you have the force of pretty much all the vampire souls fighting in your battle, and believe me that's one hell of a force."

"Wait if the force is so great why are there so many casualties?"

"We are violent as simple as that. Once they know they are losing they just want as many as possible to go with them. The souls can only do so much. They cant touch anyone and only a few can posses bodies. The others I guess you can say give you more power and strength when taking on your enemy."

"What happens to the Soul Seers?"

"They are still alive, all four of them. I even met one many years ago. There have only been four great battles and each amazing defeat by the Soul Seers. There is a lot of stories with Soul Seers but only few know them, and no one tells them its almost like a sacred thing. Then again if people knew they would start changing everyone to come across a Soul Seer...."

He started rambling on about what chaos the vampire would be if that ever happened. I just let him go on so I can absorb the fact hat I was the fifth Souls Seer in vampire existence and with me came a great battle.

"Addi?" he said. I guess I wasn't paying attention.

"Huh?"

"Can you please tell me what is going one now?"