Spirit

Okay, okay. I know I'm terrible at titles. They've never been my thing. Anyway, I found an AU where Varian and Rapunzel are island spirits and I'm definitely making multiple parts to this. If there's any other AU's I should know about y'all gotta tell me.

 If there's any other AU's I should know about y'all gotta tell me

"Take a trip to see your cousins!" They said.

"It'll be fun!" They said.

How fun. Her parents had decided, despite spring storms, to sail across the sea. He stupid father and with his stupid face smiled as he had suggested the idea. Everything about him was stupid, including his nickname. Who wants people to call the Silver Blade?! Apparently her stupid father.

Yes, how thrilling it was to hang onto the mast as the ship pitched over waves as large as a house. The spray of saltwater was all she could taste as the boat rocked dangerously close to the water. The wind was restless, picking up such speed that it became nearly impossible to stand. Still, one of the crew climbed toward her, also grabbing hold of the mast to steady himself. "Lady Y/n!" He cried over the roar of the storm. "You must get below deck! We have little control over the sails and anything for that matter!"

Y/n shook her head, no way she was going down there again. She'd rather take her chances with the raging sea. Below, it smelled like death and looked worse. The spinning boat ship would most likely cause her to crash into the walls anyway. Yes, up here was better.

The various cries from the crew scared her, but she tried her best to stay alert and ready. Ready for a swim in the freezing waters. They'd get hypothermia before they drowned! It was either die in pain or die in worse pain, and Y/n wouldn't accept either options. Taking a deep breath, she decided to make her way to the front of the old galleon, hoping she could help in some way. Battling the winds and sickening motion of the ship, she trekked forward, pulling herself up the stairs.

No one was at the helm.

Y/n cried in panic as she tried to grab hold of the spinning wheel but the storm grabbed back. She was fighting a losing battle against nature, and could see why the crew had abandoned it. A stampede of people rushed to the bow nearly knocking her over, but she managed to stay upright and ran with them. Darkness covered the entire ocean like a blanket over everything, no one could see more than two feet in front of them. If the boat hit a rock, there was no way to know until they were sinking.

Suddenly, lightning crashed, illuminating the raging waters just enough for the ship to see it's doom. The most gigantic wave Y/n had ever seen was heading straight for them. The people screamed and scattered, not that there was anywhere to go. Y/n had just enough time to curse her parents for sending her off before the wave crashed down on them, consuming everything.

The freezing water left her in shock as she was flung around in the tempest tossed sea. She could feel herself sinking slowly, the heavy dress she wore was dragging her deeper and deeper. She clawed at it, trying to get free and finally was able to tear it away. The dress kept sinking toward the ominous bottom as Y/n kicked up, desperate for air. Breaking through the surface, she saw nothing except for the wreckage of what used to be a grand galleon ship. None of the crew were in sight, leaving the poor girl hopelessly alone. Her eyes stung from the salt and she shivered from the cold but she wasn't willing to die. She just had to find a plank-.