"Do you happen to know who kept the milling ledgers during that period?" Rebekah asks quickly.

"Back then, all the logging mills were owned by the Salvatores." My eyes widen at the information as i nod slowly. I see Rebekah look over to them.

"Thank you." I smile. "It was really helpful."

"I'm glad i could help girls." She smiles, Rebekah and i smile back, getting up and heading to the bar where Stefan and Damon are.

"We're one of the founding families, i mean hey, if you gotta slaughter council member, go A-list." Damon teases. "At least in 1912, they killed a Salvatore."

"Which Salvatore would that be?" Rebekah asks, crossing her arms. Stefan turns around to look at us. We give them smiles and they both share looks, sighing. Rebekah and i take seats on the side of them, myself moving next to Stefan.

"Our nephew, Zach." Damon huffs.

"So Zachariah Salvatore was your nephew?" We had read about the council murders when we were in the archives, the name 'Salvatore' popping up a lot.

"Well, our father knocked up one of the maids during the Civil War. She had a son. But as far as everyone else knew, Stefan and I were dead." Damon shrugs. "Family name had to go somewhere."

"And, uh, your family-owned the logging mills back then." Rebekah states.

"You're full of a lot of questions, and you're deathly silent." Damon hums, looking between us.

"Can you just answer her question?" I huff.

"I'm just researching the town history." Rebekah smiles, "I grew up here, after all."

"You know you don't have to disguise your true motives. Blondie Bex, if you want more sex, just ask for it." Damon smirks. I choke out a laugh, looking away.

"Not enough liquor in the world." Rebekah hums, reaching for the Whiskey bottle.

"Oh, come on. It was too good for you to be hostile." I shake my head, getting up.

"This is uh, not my conversation," I state, grabbing the bottle and walking away.

"I'll come with you." Stefan mumbles. He follows me a little farther down the bar. "So... who have you been?"

"I've been good." I nod. It's quiet for a minute and i know what's coming next, "Just say it, Stefan."

"You know, you're a totally different person..." Stefan sighs.

"People change, Stefan," I mumble, taking a drink of the bottle.

"Yeah, for the better. This isn't better, Alina. This is worse." He states.

"For four months, everything was just built up inside me. I had no idea what to do, i was a vampire who had all this built up anger and sadness that i felt so much... that i started to feel nothing at all." I state, "And Klaus helped me feel again. And if you can't accept that, or be happy for me, then i guess i did change." I shrug, "And I've noticed who actually cared."

"You think i don't care?" Stefan frowns.

"No, you care. But too much." I glare.

"Stefan." We both look over, seeing Damon gesturing for Stefan to follow him. Stefan shoots me one last glance and i frown. Rebekah walks over, sitting next to me.

"What happened?"

"I think i just lost my best friend..." She frowns for a second, looking me up and down.