Chapter 2: The Gathering

Sophie's point of view

3 girls enter my room on Sunday night. They will be my maids for the rest of the Selection. They are named Linh, her brother Tam works with the protection of the castle, then there is the twins Tessa and Hessa. They are all so sweet!

"Time to get up!" Linn says loudly while Hessa is shaking me.

"COming!" I slowly get out of my bed. Tessa has picked out a navy blue dress:

 Tessa has picked out a navy blue dress:

I hate dresses but this one pleases me. I get it on and then Linh does my hair:

 I thank Linh because it is a beautiful hairdo

"Now for the makeup!" Hessa says.

"NOOO!!!" I shreik

"I will do it lightley, I promise!" Hessa responds.

"Fine," I reply grumbling as Hessa does my makeup. Once she is done it is 9:50! Linh shoos me to the ballroom. As I was walking in the hall that led to the ballroom I bumped into someone!

"I am SO sorry!" I say really quickly.

"It is fine," The girl responds. "Are you someone for the Selection?"

"Yes." I tell her.

"Well... I am Princess Biana, and Prince Fitz is my brother!" She says excitedly.

"Oh... Well it is a pleasure to meet you Princess Biana, I am Sophie Foster Reuwen." I say proudly whiling bowing.

"Please call me Biana only if you be my friend. And no need for bows." She responds.

"Sure, I would love a friend! It would be much easier, even though I have lived in this castle since I was 2 or 3." I say proud to have made a new friend. Then like that we go to the ballroom laughing and enjoying ourselves.

"Good morning, ladies says a booming voice right as we enter the ballroom. "My name is King Alden and when I call your names and you will go in to be interviewed."

He starts calling names:

1. Evenlin Lorley

2. Marella Redek

And on and on til 35:

35. Sophie Foster-Ruewen

I say quickly good bye to Biana and head to the room where people are getting interviewed. I see nothing except a packet with a post-it next to say "Fill me out, Sophie Foster Ruewen." So I start looking at the packet.

So that is the end of Chapter 2! Do you like it? If you do vote and like!

-Lydia Baker