Hidden Talent

Chara’s POV

It’s been 4 months since I came back to the Devildom. I’ve had a few fights here and there… okay… maybe like 30 fights since I came back, giving me quite the reputation as a “human” exchange student. Today was one of those days where someone decided to piss me off. It was nothing unusual but this time it hit the heart.

Demon A: Hey, did you hear? Yukina got captured.

Demon B: Yeah. Isn’t she Chara’s mother or some shit?

Demon A: Yeah

Demon C: Yeah, but obviously the demon Chara, not that damn human

Demon B: Yeah, she’s a pain in the ass.

Demon A: And she’s so annoying. Why was she picked for this stupid exchange program.

Demon C: Yeah. She doesn’t even have any sort of power!

“That’s it… I’ve had enough! They’ve purposefully been talking badly about me behind my back… LITERALLY!! Its like they all have a death wish! Too bad they think I’m human. I could really scare the crap out of them…”

The subject then went back to Yukina, my mother. Sooner or later they made a diss about her. Then I started thinking as I scrolled through YouTube, being on my iPhone. “Just because my family is dead, doesn’t mean they’re not down here… at least my mother”

They started singing the diss track, unluckily we were in the hall while I was partially in my locker on my iPhone. “This is so annoying!”  I listened in on the diss and realized… it wasn’t just about my mother’s reputation… It was about me as well! When they finished I decided to speak up, not caring about the looks I was getting from the boys and the other demons.

Me: Oi! What the fucking hell mate?!

Demon A: What do you want?

Me: Oh you know very well the answer to your question. What was up with the horrible diss?!

Demon B: Why should we tell you?

Me: Because I have a right to know!

Demon C: How do you have a right to know?

Me: BECAUSE THAT WAS ME & MY MOTHER YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT YOU IDIOT!!!

Everyone’s eyes widened, especially Mammon’s, since we’ve been dating for a little less than 4 months.

Demon A: Oh please. Your family is dead, you said it yourself.

Me: Sure, yeah, my family may be dead in the human world, and up until I heard the news about Yukina, I thought they were completely wiped from existence. Turns out my mother has been here the entire time.

I took my iPhone out of my locker and slammed it closed, then started to take my earbuds out.

Me: And I have you know… no matter what race you are, no matter what gender, no matter who you are… I’m NOT taking treatment like that about me or my family!

Demon A: What do you thi-

Me: Oh, by the way… Take this from a professional when I say… Get some singing lessons… Your voice needs alot of work to get up to standards.

Demon B: And I suppose you’re some expert?

Demon C: I think not

Me: Actually… yes… yes I am