Chapter 17 - Regrets

Every meal was not as you expected. Dinner with the royal family minus Loki was always full of playful threats and rousing debates which you enjoyed to the most part. Frigga seemed to always engage in conversation with you and Jane, ignoring the testosterone in the room. Frigga also took it upon herself to teach you basic magic as she found out from Thor you had Asgardian magic. It ranged from conjuring up a quill to casting an illusion of yourself beside you. Jane stayed watching the magic if she wasn't taking romantic walks with Thor.

"You're learning these things very quickly, Y/n," this afternoon she was revisiting the lesson about projection. You had gotten a lot of practice from projecting into Loki's cell after dinner to keep him company.

"Thank you, but I think I will go back to my room for the night," you faked a yawn which she thankfully bought. "Goodnight your majesty," she said her goodnight to you and you ran out of the library and into your room.

Projecting yourself physically, for once, into Loki's cell you smile to see him asleep.

"Ring ring, banana phone!" you sang loudly.

Loki fell off the bed and groaned. "You and your weird midgardian greetings,"

You smiled and sat on the bed. "I wanna show you something!" You close your eyes and cast a cloaking illusion on yourself.

"So you've finally learned how to do it?" He looked around the room as if looking for the predator.

"Boo!" You pop up in front of him before disappearing again.

He yelps and knocks over a bunch of books. "You learn way too easily, I think this power is a curse on the rest of us,"

You giggle and smile in silence but stop when he looks behind you. Turning around you see Queen Frigga smiling, not noticing you, as you were still cloaked.

"My son, how have you been holding up?" She smiles, Loki sighs and walks to the glass as more criminals get shoved past.

"Odin continues to bring me new friends... how thoughtful,"

"The books I sent, do they not interest you?" Frigga points towards the knocked over stack of Asgardian novels. Loki walks around the edge of the room, hands behind his back.

"Is that how I'm meant to while away eternity? By reading?" You knew exactly how this was going to go.

"I've done everything in my power to make you comfortable, Loki,"

He scoffs. "Have you? Does Odin share this concern? Does Thor? Must be so inconvenient for them to be asking about me day and night," he says sarcastically.

"You know full well that it was your actions that brought you here," Friggas firm tone brought silence.

"My actions? I've just been giving truth to the actions I've been fed my entire life... that I was born to be a king..." he turns around swiftly.

"A king- a true king admits his faults what of the lives you took on earth?" Her voice raised slowly.

"A mere handful compared to the numbers Odin has taken himself," here it comes...

"Your father-"

"HES NOT MY FATHER!" Loki's yell scared you, and broke your heart at the same time, the lingering crack in his voice seeping with hatred.

"Then am I not your mother?" Friggas calm tone covered her sadness. Silence followed as Loki decided his answer.

"You're not."

The queen laughs through her unshed tears. "Always so perceptive of everyone but yourself," she walks closer to him, a look of sadness clouding her. Loki looks down with regret, not saying a word, he takes his hand to hers, but it passes through, a green shimmer replacing Friggas figure.

"She's right," you say, revealing yourself. "I would know,"

"You know nothing," Loki's harsh tone shocked you. "No one knows anything about me and it will stay that way,"

"Loki, stop pushing people away," your voice raises as you go on. "You should apologise to her before you regret it-"

"I will do as I please," he turns away. "And I will certainly not apologies for stating truth,"

"Loki, look at me for gods sake!" He refuses. "You need to stop doing this! Pushing people away when they get too close,"

"You have no say in my actions!" He spins around and backs you into a corner. "I do as I please and you will take no part in my life from now on!" He raises his hand and rids of your illusion- or what he thought was an illusion. Your face turns to the side as a red mark appears. "Y/n... I thought it was an illusion I-"

You hold up your hand, stopping him from talking. Tears well up in your eyes. "I hope you're happy, you've pushed everyone away," closing your eyes you disappear in a shimmer of blue. Once opening your eyes you take your hand to your cheek, it stinging when you touched it.

"Y/n!" Thor and Jane burst into your room just as your tears fell. Thor let's go of Jane and runs over to you. "Y/n what happened? Who did this to you?"

Jane quickly comes over as you wrap and arm around Thor's neck. "Y/n, what happened?"

You sniffle and look at her with red eyes. "Loki, he hit me-"

"That wretch!" Thor stands up and summons Mjølnir.

"No, Thor, no, he was just angry, he wasn't thinking- he didn't know I was actually... there-"

"You were projecting?" Jane asked softly, you nodded.

"It's fine, it's not even that bad," you laugh through a sob. "See? I just need some sleep..." Thor sighs and helps you up as Jane holds your hand.

Crying easily tired you so it wasn't hard for you to close your eyes and drift. Emotions feeding off your energy easily until a dreamless unconsciousness took over.

~~~

"How is she?" A voice appeared behind Thor as he sat and watched over you and Jane sleeping.

"Why would you care?" Thor growled.

"I do regret it-" Thor abruptly stood up and marched towards Loki's figure on the balcony.

"You better regret it!" Thor quietly shouted as to not wake the girls. "You had no right to lay a single finger on them!"

"You think I knew that they were actually there?! I just wanted their illusion to disappear!" Loki retorts, quieting down when he saw you stir. "Brother, I would never hurt them intentionally..."

"Well you hurt them anyways," knowing Loki wouldn't be in full power to cast a physical illusion from the cell Thor carefully pushed Mjølnir through Loki's chest. He sighed and looked back at you, before deciding to leave to his chambers.

~~~

*Sad noises*

*Sad noises*

- Anna ❤️