Miracle

A/N: Hey guys! Updating almost after a month.... 

Warning: This contains angst, which is needless to say because it is inspired by  gopractice's oneshots, my angst senpai! (If you see this, I hope you are proud of your student) I wish I could name one of their oneshots for this inspiration, but I swear, all of them are angst. JSJSJAJAHAHHS. 

So, enjoy I guess...? 

Please let me know your thoughts! Every comment makes my day! 

*****

Brett managed to open the door, even with all the bags of groceries in his hand. He made his way inside, where Belle, Eddy's sister came and helped him out, and they maneuvered the groceries to the kitchen counter.

"Sorry, it took a little longer than I expected. The line at the cashier was never ending" Brett spoke in his apologetic tone while wiping the sweat off his forehead.

"It's alright. No worries." Belle replied. "I will head out now?" She asked and Brett just nodded.

They were at the front door when Brett broke the silence.

"Did you see any change?" He asked curiously. His eyes filled, glittering with nothing but hope.

"Nothing. Nothing since the past year Brett" The last words were merely a whisper,with a sad smile on Belle's face. The words tugged to Brett's heart-strings. Keep it together Brett..So, he put on his strong face and they exchanged a hug and Belle left.

Brett was left alone with the uncomfortable silence of the house.

He hastily put all the groceries away. Pushing into shelves. Making sure Eddy's favorite snacks, his favorite cookies and everything he liked was in stock. He will look for them when he wakes up...

He finally made his way to their bedroom. Yes, their bedroom. Regardless of everything, it was their bedroom.

Brett entered the bedroom to see Eddy laying peacefully on the bed.

He made his way to him and sat on the edge of the bed. He brushed some of Eddy's bangs off his forehead and caressed his cheek.

"Hi love, sorry it took a little longer. But I bet you had a good time with your sister? Was it nice to catch up? I have brought your snacks too. They are on the first shelf, where they used to be, alright?" He looked at him, please respond Eddy.

No response

His heart ached. But he had gotten used to it.

He got up and slumped into his designated chair next to Eddy's side of the bed, the same chair he had been sitting in since the past year.

It's almost been a year since Eddy's accident, which sent him into a coma. The doctors called it quits after two weeks, his family decided to let go. But how could Brett let it happen? It was his best friend, his soulmate, his partner they were talking about. How could he let go? So he didn't. He took matters into his own hands and basically turned their bedroom into a mini hospital ward on Eddy's side of the bed.

Eddy's side of the bed.. Which used to be a mess, his charger, his headphone all sprawled into the little table, their world tour photos placed on it. Everything was gone. Now, it was just medicines, in all colors arranged in an orderly manner.

He still remembers the countless times he had teased about it, calling it a jungle. He snickered at the memory, then looks back at Eddy.No there is no mess, there is no Eddy.