The dam breaks

Carlos and Cecil ate dinner together at the Arby's and Carlos discussed past dates and such that they had been through together. Cecil listened attentively trying to soak it all in. He knew he had a connection to Carlos when he first ran into the station to come and find him. Cecil could feel it from the beginning. He knew that for a while something had been missing and maybe Carlos would turn out to be that thing. Cecil grinned at him across the table.
"He is really hot," Cecil thought to himself, smiling.
Carlos stood up and held out his hand to Cecil.
"What?" Cecil asked.
"Do you trust me?" said Carlos.
"I-I don't know," Cecil replied honestly. Carlos sighed and pursed his lips.
"Well, will you come with me?" Carlos asked. Cecil looked at his outstretched hand then back up to his face.
"I-I don't know," he started, "I don't even know you. You may be some creepy guy who's gonna take me out back and murder me." Carlos laughed.
"What! You never know!" Cecil exclaimed. Carlos stopped laughing and smiled widely at Cecil, the edges his eyes crinkling.
"I promise you that I am not some creepy guy set on murdering you," Carlos said, making a little x over his heart, "Cross my heart." Cecil sighed.
"Fine," he groaned and took Carlos's hand.

Carlos lead Cecil by the hand outside. The now dark void up above them shone with the mysterious lights that were always sitting right above the Arby's. Cecil cocked his head, "I still have no idea what those are or where they come from." Carlos shrugged and stared at Cecil for a moment before continuing to lead him to wherever they were going.
"So if you aren't going to murder me," Cecil started, "Then where are we going."
"Well I am about to show you where we had our first date," Carlos explained. When they reached Carlos's car he smiled and hopped up on the trunk.
"Here?" Cecil asked. Carlos nodded and looked up at the shining lights.
"Right here," he responded. Carlos then turned to Cecil and lightly patted the spot next to him on the trunk, "oh come on, you can't pull that with me."
"Pull what?" Cecil asked.
"The whole shy thing!" Carlos replied, "I know for a fact that you are NOT shy in the least."
"And how is it you know that?" Cecil asked.
"Well for starters, you are the one who confessed his love for me on LIVE radio which I HEARD," Carlos explained laughing, "you don't understand how shocked I was. I remember your words too! 'And I fell in love......instantly' I was so surprised that I dropped the beaker I was holding!" Carlos sat there laughing while Cecil stood there blushing.
"Well I do admit, at times I can be a bit overdramatic," Cecil shrugged and chuckled. Carlos nodded, still laughing. Cecil smiled and climbed up onto the trunk and sat down next to Carlos. Carlos sighed and looked up at the lights sadly.
"Ya know I cried when I heard your voice on the radio," Carlos said, "Dana told me about how you were in the hospital and I visited you everyday." Tears now rolled silently down Carlos's cheeks. "I thought when your voice came on it was a joke or that I was just imagining it but I wanted to be sure so I rushed to the station and there you were. With your headphones, and your glasses, and your cute little bow tie." Carlos chuckled. Cecil just stared blankly at Carlos, he wanted to reach out and hold him, comfort him in any way he could. Black spots began to form at the edges of his eyes and he felt like the back of his eyes were on fire. His brain was pounding against his skull and he pressed his palms to his temples fiercely, trying to stop the pain.
"Cecil?" Carlos asked, "Cecil! What's wrong?" Carlos grabbed Cecil by the shoulders and stared at him with concern. Cecil squeezed his eyes shut and winced loudly. Carlos pulled him in to his chest and held him there while Cecil felt a sort if scratching feeling at the back of his mind. Carlos began to rock him gently back and forth and whisper soothing words to him.
"Shhhhh, it's gonna be okay," Carlos whispered, holding Cecil in his arms. The pain in Cecil's head slowly began to ebb away and he opened his eyes and pulled away from Carlos.
"What was that?" Carlos asked. Cecil shook his head. "Are you alright?" Cecil nodded slowly and Carlos stared at him with concern. "Are you sure?" Cecil nodded again, just staring at Carlos. Carlos searched his eyes when suddenly Cecil broke into tears. Carlos pulled Cecil back into his arms again and Cecil didn't protest.
"I thought you said that you were okay," Carlos said sternly. Cecil didn't say anything and Carlos looked down at him.
"I'm so sorry," Cecil whispered, staring at Carlos.
"For what?" Carlos asked, "You don't have anything to be sorry about." Again Cecil didn't say anything and just stared a Carlos. "What?" Cecil shook his head still crying.
"I never thought I'd see you or that perfect hair again." Carlos's eyes widened and he stared blankly at Cecil for a moment.
"Do you....." He started. Cecil nodded and leaned over to kiss Carlos.