Chapter 3

Harry darts his eyes from Niall then to me, not knowing what to do or think of this. He finally interjects Niall and I gazing at each other by telling us that we are going to go out in thirty minutes. This brings me back to reality because I realize I'm dressed in running shorts and tennis shoes. I'm not about to go run a damn marathon so I decided to go change in the guest room. I don't care for dressing up but I would like to look semi decent in front of Niall. I can't get my mind off of Niall and why he was staring at me for so long. Better question is, why was I staring at him for so long?

I decide to put on Jean shorts and a purple v neck with my black vans. I'm tempted to put on a tad of makeup before we leave. I open every door I can in that small hallway until I find the bathroom. There are two sinks in the bathroom and they both have razor stubble left in the sink and toothpaste smeared on top of some of the sink. This reminds me of when my brother used to live with my family and he would always leave his side of the bathroom the messiest, I somewhat miss that touch in our used to be shared bathroom back at home.

I finally dig into my small make up bag and find my cover up. I try to hide the bits of unwanted acne I have on my face the best I can. I then make myself put on a small brown line of eye liner on my upper lid followed by mascara and lip gloss. Once I am finally please with the way I look I head back to the living room.

Harry and Niall are arguing, playfully, on what we should go do tonight. When I walk into the room Niall looks at me with his blue eyes. Those damn blue eyes are hot as hell is all I can say. Harry finally decides that we will go to a restaurant down the street then go to the local bar. Sounds good to me.

"Alright guys you ready? I'm starting to get hungry and I need a drink." Harry says while making his way to the door.

I grab my purse and put it over my shoulder while Niall walks behind me out of the apartment. We make our way down the apartment stairs and I start to cringe at the pain I feel in my back. I've had this back pain for a while now and I try to hide the pain that is showing in my face at this very moment. I feel Niall's hand touch my shoulder and I turn around, not knowing he was standing so close behind me.

"Are you okay?" Niall says with a bit of worry ness in his voice.

"Yeah I'm fine, don't worry about me." I say trying to sound as chill as I can while my my body starts to heat up from his hand being on my shoulder. Damn I need to calm down. He only touched my shoulder.

"What are you two doing up there! I would like to arrive at the restaurant before tomorrow morning please and thank you." Harry says with a slight ease of sarcasm in his voice.

"Chill out we are coming, we are coming" I say as we finally meet Harry at the bottom of the stairwell.

We start to walk down the street that Harry lives on and take a right to walk down, what seams to be like, where all of the college students hang out at. A couple of people wave to Niall and Harry while walking by until we finally walk into a sports bar. We take a seat nearest the television with soccer playing on it. A red headed women with lots of tattoos on both her arms takes our drink orders. Niall and Harry both order beers while I stick with water, for now at least. When the waitress comes back Harry orders all of us burgers and frys. While we wait Harry and Niall intently watch the soccer game. My eyes start to wonder onto Niall.

I just can't get over Niall's blonde, semi messy hair and blue eyes. The way he licks his lips and bites his toungue when the soccer game gets serious makes me want to force his lips onto mine. This makes me shiver. I need to stop now before these day dreams get too out of hand.

Our food finally arrives and the burgers are delicious. I guess I didn't realize how hungry I actually was until my plate was empty before I knew it. Niall ate while keeping his eyes plastered onto that television. If only his eyes were plastered onto me instead.

Harry pays the check for him and I and makes Niall pay for his own meal. We soon leave the sports bar before it gets too packed. We walk down another street and into another bar. Damn, my brother must really love being 21 years old. I don't feel too uncomfortable in the bar, I mean I'm 18 so I'm legal. We all sit down at the bar while both Harry and Niall order some alcoholic drink, lord knows what. I stick with water still since I have a feeling I will be taking care of these two tonight.

Harry soon spots a young blonde on the other end of the bar and does not hesitate to go and talk to her.

I turn around to Niall as he drinks his drink. Before things get too awkward I ask him how he and my brother met. Niall looks at me and starts to explain how they both had literature or some class like that together but I get too distracted to keep listening and just stare into those blue eyes.

I think he starts to notice that I had stopped paying attention to what he was saying and he just starts to smile.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" I say as my daze quickly ends.

"Oh no, you're fine, it's just that... Never mind." He says in a soft voice.

"Tell me!" I say with desperation spread across my face.

Niall quickly changes the subject, "so I think Harry's getting pretty wasted right now if I were the judge of it." I look over to see Harry with three girls around him and he looks very happy and sloppy. Oh brother, what am I going to do with you.

Niall and I continue to talk about our home life while trying to ignore the drunken Harry. He tells how he's from Ireland and came to the US when he was very little because of his dad's work. He misses it dearly over there but loves San Diego. I knew I hinted a little bit of Irish in his voice but I didn't want to say anything. As we continue to talk time passes by. I eventually check my phone and it's already 12:30 at night. Shit am I tired.

I decide to look around for my brother to tell him that I am going to go back to his apartment. He is no where to be found so I decide to tell Niall. He decides to go with me back to the apartment.

The walk back is quiet but not awkward, just quiet.

While we are walking up the apartment stairs I get the ache in my back again. I stop mid way and just stand there pinching at my back for the pain to stop. Niall stops and places his hand on the center of my back. His hand feels warm against my aching back. He keeps his hand on my back until we enter the apartment.

"Is your back okay? I was worried walking up here when you stopped." Niall says stepping closer to me. The closer he steps the more the pain starts to dissolve.

I stare at him, forgetting to answer the question he just asked. Before this becomes uncomfortable I walk over to the couch and decide to find something to watch on tv. Niall grabs a beer from the fridge and joins me on the couch. I find the Breakfast Club on TV and decide to watch it since it is one of my favorite movies.

"This movie never gets old, it's one of my favorites." Niall says as he slowly slips his beer.

This surprises me because whenever Harry and I watch this movie he is always uninterested.

As the movie plays on I can feel my eyes getting heavy and my body starting to relax. I suddenly start to feel someone pick me up and this jolts me awake. Niall is carrying me to my room and I start to get nervous. My body tenses and my stomach starts to flutter. I try to stay relaxed as he picks me up to not make this a big deal. Hell, I'm surprised that he is able to pick me fat ass up!

He gently places me on my bed but I can't seem to let go of his neck that I was holding on to to keep me steady while he was carrying me.

Niall gently tries to wake me to bring my hands off of his warm neck. I finally realize what I am doing and quickly detach my hands from his neck. I softly apologize as I quickly go back to sleep while he walks out of the room. I start to dream about what Niall and I could have done tonight and I can't seem to break him from my dreams.