Forbidden Risks

Junalli: 19 BBY
Zunja Territory
Commander Axe

    As the hushed voices of the gathered people began to die out, Axe moved closer to Lihol. Rigger and Ziyah were already standing up beside Chief Aeito. Axe hadn't seen Irel there yet, but he knew she was. Ziyah had told him as soon as she arrived.

    He turned to his focus to Chief Aeito as he began to speak. "My people, a few seasons ago, we were blessed to welcome Axe, Veres, and Irel into our tribe. Now, we will do the same for Rigger and Ziyah." He waved a hand. Saji and Lihol stepped forward with bowls of paint in their palms.

They gently painted a symbol on Rigger and Ziyah's shoulder, matching to Axe and Irel's. Axe glanced at his own, remembering when he had first received it. Lihol moved back beside him as Chief Aeito began to speak again.

"Our friends must leave us again very soon, likely tomorrow. This celebration is in their honor, both to welcome our new tribe members and to celebrate the recovery of Irel." The people all clapped. "Enough talking. Let the celebration begin!"

The people instantly broke off. Several began to dance, while others prepared food. Rigger made his way over to Axe, grinning broadly. "Member of the tribe," he beamed. "I like the sound of that."

"It suits you," Axe laughed. "So, are you ready to go join the fights for Saji? I've seen a few men lined up for her already."

Rigger smiled and shook his head. "I don't have much of a choice. I'm going to win, of course. What about you? Where's the general?"

"I haven't seen her yet. I imagine she's talking to Saji or someone else." Axe furrowed his brow. "Speaking of which, where did Ziyah go?"

"Oh, I think she went down to the fight rings. There were a few boys who were at each other's throats for her attention," Rigger laughed. After a moment, his face became serious. "Honestly, though, I might need your help if I have to hide their bodies."

"Rest assured, Brother, they won't be found."

Rigger grinned. "I'll see you later. I'm off to win the company of Saji." He darted off towards the fight rings, catching up to Saji who was already there.

Axe glanced around the square, but didn't see Irel. A hand tapped him lightly on the shoulder. Axe turned, spying Irel. "There you are," he said. Irel smiled, a lock of hair falling over her shoulder as she tilted her head. Axe  looked her over, grinning. "I forgot how much I love that color on you."

Irel rolled her eyes. "Oh please. You're just happy that it matched yours."

"That too. What do you want to do?"

"Let's go watch the fights. I saw a line beside Ziyah. I want to know who wins," Irel grinned.

"You want to chew them out about leaving her alone before midnight," Axe pointed out.

She inclined her head. "You do too."

"Let's go." Axe grabbed her hand and led her down to the fight rings.

Ziyah waved as they approached. Five boys sat on the sidelines, disappointed looks on their faces. Two were already scuffling in the ring. "You'd think they've never seen a Theelin before," Ziyah joked.

"They probably haven't," Axe replied.

Ziyah glanced between them. "Oh, no. Don't tell me you guys are going to become overprotective."

"Hey, you're lucky that Rigger is busy," Irel laughed, motioning to another sparring ring. Rigger was locked in a fight with another Zunja warrior.