pretty sunflowers ;; chapter one.

It wasn't fun, living in the life of Gougou Bakugō. He always seemed so cheerful on the surface, so happy and optimistic, but that was all a façade, something to distract from the true issues. Not even the freckled boy he had befriended a year earlier knew. Gougou would bundle up, often wearing his school jacket, a beige cardigan with no sort of layering to keep out the heat, nor the cold. He would wear a hoodie instead, often wrapping the cardigan around his waist. He found comfort within it, after keeping it near him for so long.

"Gougou. You're zoning out again." The blonde heard a familiar voice beside him. He turned his head, seeing a small ravenette, one he recognized as his good friend Yamikumo, or Akatani Mikumo. Gougou smiled softly, rubbing the back of his neck in a sheepish fashion. "Sorry, my freckled friend. I was thinking." He turned his head back to the trail, shifting the weight of his bag on his shoulder. "That's what you always say." The ravenette spoke dryly.

The blonde did not respond, just continuing to trudge beside his friend. He let out a small, calm sigh. "C'mon. Let's hurry. Sensei won't be happy if we get there late." He nudged Akatani's shoulder, starting to jog to school, hearing 'Kumo's footsteps behind him. They were close, but Gougou hated being late, no matter how untimely he could be.

The duo soon reached the school, running through til they got to classroom 2A. Both reached the door, panting slightly. Mikumo and Bakugō walked inside, sliding into their seats beside each other. Yamikumo immediately set his bag down beside his chair, setting his head down on his desk, his eyes hidden by his black hair.

Bakugō instead pulled out a sketchbook, setting his bag down. He was very careful while flipping through it, not letting Yamikumo see the pages within, nor did he let any of the other students see within it. He stopped at a blank page, grabbing a mechanical pencil and started to draw. He glanced at his friend, knowing he truly wasn't asleep.

"Gougou. Why do you never let me see what you draw in that sketchbook?" The ravenette's voice was sudden to the blonde. Bakugō remained silent for a moment. "Ah, well, it's nothing great, it's just practice!" He turned to the ravenette, a small smile crossing his lips. The ravenette sighed and did not respond.

In truth, the content within the sketchbook would definitely be concerning to anyone and everyone that has some sort of sanity and humanity. Finishing the sketch he was working on, he sighed and closed the book, binding it with tape again. He always did this, as he didn't like intruders.

"Akatani. We need to talk." Gougou sighed. That voice meant trouble, and he hated the voice's owner. Turning slightly, Gougou glared at the male, who was the class president, Shoto Todoroki. He heard Yamikumo's exasperated sigh, and simply turned around and tried to zone out, try to forget what he was hearing.

However, it got hard to listen to. Gougou sighed, standing and setting a heated and crackling hand on his shoulder. "Class pres, I suggest you go sit down and leave us alone." His voice was quietly livid, quietly annoyed. The class president grinned nastily. "I suggest you take your hands off me, you don't want to sully your name."

Feeling a hand on his shoulder, Gougou glanced over at the smaller ravenette who was attempting to separate the two. "Stop it. The both of you." The blonde sighed and turned taking his hand off of Todoroki and sitting down. "Whatever." He said. He heard Todoroki chuckle, a small, creepy chuckle, before going to sit down.

"Alright class. Settle down." He heard Aizawa's voice, and Bakugō's mood dipped. He sighed, pulling out his notebook. It was going to be a long day.