Chapter 12 Accepting the dead

Amber's POV

Staring at my dead looking mate, broke my heart.

I can't help but feel guilty for this. I'm the one who pushed him away. I'm the one he ran from.

That's what I was, am going to do...run.

If I stay I'll only hurt him more.

I could hear my aunt's voice calling out to me but I was stuck in a trance.

When I had finally snapped out of it, I heard uncle Jac asking me, "who is that?"

I was angered from the sight of an end of a dagger sticking out of Kellan's chest.

"What did you do to my mate?" I asked Jac angrily.

Both of them looked taken aback but I felt no guilt, just anger.

When they didn't help him my wolf took control of my voice.

"Help him!" She pointed towards our mate.

Uncle Jac stepped forward.

"He can't be your mate. He's a vampire," he scolded.

Jordan growled with so much force all of us cringed.

'Jordan?'

'What?!'

'It's ok, just go to him,'

She didn't waste a second before running and pulling the stake out of Kellan's chest.

After a minute of almost biting my tongue out and making my fists white, Kellan stured and the wound healed like magic.

"Kellan?"

"What are you doing? Get away! Leave me alone!" He screamed.

Searching his eyes it's like he's here but not here.

It's as if he was in a different world.

Kellan's eyes were gray and dead and lost that beautiful emerald green that I always loved.

I stepped forward ignoring my aunt and uncle's protests.

When I was right in front of him I put my hands to his face and stayed calm even though I was deathly scared on the inside.

"Kellan, I-I"

Should I do it?

Of course I should, if I don't my mate will die.

"I a-accept you Kellan Gray as my mate."

His eyes turned back to normal. They pierced my own eyes as we became the only two in the world.

Mom had told me that the skin of your mate would shoot fireworks throughout you.

Just to test the theory, I lifted my hand up to Kellan's face.

Power surged through me and I felt alive.

"I accept you, Amber Williamson as my soul mate," he whispered with love coating each word that flowed through his mouth.

I wanted so badly to stay with him, here. But I can't.

Accepting him will keep him alive, leaving him will keep him happy and safe.

I had found the book in the attic, I know what is to come.

Death will stay away, as long as I stay away...

I know it's kind of short but I'm trying. Do you like the story? Or the plot? Thanx everyone for reading!