Chapter 1

My eyes stretch across the highway as if I have been driving for forever. I keep daydreaming as to how my brother will react when I surprise him at his apartment, I have not seen that boy in ages.

"Come on Camilla only thirty more minutes of awful San Diego traffic then you will arrive." I keep repeating this to myself to altar the drive to get there faster.

I wonder if my brother has changed at all or if he has picked up any new girlfriends recently. He's never been the actual talkative type about his feelings or just anything in general.

"Hey, asshole ,watch the rode!" I catch myself yelling at the idiot who just cut me off, this snaps me out of my daydreams and back into reality.

My eyes keep going out of focus right when I need to read the street signs for my brothers street, shit I really can't see. I finally find my brothers road and try to become as familiar with it as I can. There's a dominoes pizza on the corner of the street and the rest of the street is lined up and down with different colored apartments. I'm able to spot my brothers apartment, lord knows how, and try to find a place to park. I carry my mothers pound cake (which she makes every time she comes to see him) and my duffle bag up the apartment stairs. I start to get nervous once I finally reach his apartment door. Should I knock? Should I just walk in? Shit.

I decide to walk in because what the hell it's my brothers apartment.

Little did I know he has company...