chapter 14: MY baby

Authors note: sorry its been so long I was having trouble coming up with new ideas to make the book less boring..... hope you like it.  Comment any suggestions pleasseee. And thanks for 500 views

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amy's POV 

Today I start school and work, which means that John has to go to the church nursery for the first time. I think that the part that im most nervous about is leaving John.  I've never been away from him for more than an hour or so. Adrian is picking me and John up before school to go to the nursery. I really wish that Ricky wanted to be here,  not for me but for John. In the begining he was a really great dad but now I see him distancing him self more, and more everytime he's here. Before I got pregnant Ricky was a player and a bad boy I really hope he doesn't fall into old habits again.

I woke up at 5 am to get me and John ready for our first full day apart. Today was going to be an emotional day for me. Adrian should be here any minute if she decides to be on time today. We have to be at the nursery by 7 am that way I can stay for a little bit until I'm comfortable leaving him. After school my mom is picking me up and taking me to my first day of work.

Adrian: "Amy I'm here let's go."
Amy : "Ok we're ready let's go
Adrian: "Are you nervous to leave John? "
Amy : "Yess! I've never been away from him for a whole day.
Adrian: "well at least you'll be back there at 2:00"
Amy: "Yeah but its still a long time."

I called Ricky when we left the house like he asked but of coarse he didn't answer as usual. The whole car ride was silent. When we pulled in to the parking lot of the nursery Icouldn't help but cry.  I feel like a terrible mom for leaving my son with people I don't really know.

As Iwas getting John out of the car I noticed Ricky standing out side of the nursery.  I really dint know if I should be feeling happy or mad about him showing up.  I mean he stormed out of the house in the middle of the night for no reason and then shows up.  But I guess it's good that he did.

Ricky: "hey Amy. What's wrong?"
Amy : "well let's see me and you have been fighting non stop fire weeks now and I'm leaving my son for the first time ever. Other than that nothing is wrong Ricky."
Ricky: "look Amy I'm sorry about earlier I was just tired. "
Amy : "when you take care of a baby for 8 weeks straight 24 hours a day then tell me you're tired. I couldn't even tell you the last time I had a god nights sleep,  it's probably been since I was about 16 weeks pregnant that I've had a good sleep. "
Ricky : "just because I'm not able to be with John 24 hours a day doesn't mean I can't be tired, I mean you act like having a baby is the hardest thing on earth when really it isn't."
Amy : "please leave so I can drop MY son off at day care! "
Ricky : "I'm staying until I know thatOUR son is ok."
Amy : "like you even care...you don't even care enough about him to make hima bottle. And what were you doing that was more important than coming over to take care of your son? "
Ricky : "I told you that's none of your business. "
Amy : "yeah you were probably with a girl."
Ricky : "that's exactly where I was...good guess now let's drop John off so we can get to school on time."

I nodded my head in agreement thinking that if I opened my mouth I wouldn't be able to hold back my tears.